Wyelands Bank- delays in opening account

I opened an account (12 months fixed term), and it came up that it wanted extra ID. So I sent that off, and it was returned promptly to me, with a letter saying that the info would be passed to their identy verification department and then I would hear from them....

That was around two weeks ago, and I've heard nothing, and trust me, my ID is genuine :A!

Anyone else had problems/delays?
(I've emailed them, not had a reply yet.)

Comments

• UPDATE: I contacted them after two weeks, and they told me that the letter containing my log-in details and account number (so I could pay money in) was in the post. They also reminded me that I only had two weeks from the date of application to pay money in to the account.

Of course I told them that it was already two weeks, and it wasn't my delay but their's, so they graciously extended the deadline by 24 hours and gave me the required information then and there, over the phone, so the money could be paid in.

Sure enough a couple of days later the letter required, and then a further letter a few days later confirming the amount of the initial deposit.

So all sorted, but compared with others I lost a couple of weeks interest, of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure