Barclays Graduate Loan PPI and Egg Card

Hi All

This is probably really obvious but I can't seem to find anything to point me in the right direction. I recently made a complaint about PPI on an old Barclays graduate loan which I have been told has been upheld.

The only issue is a number of years ago I had an egg card (now owned by Barclays) which I defaulted on and subsequently made a partial settlement, am I right in thinking that any award from the loan PPI will be used to offset the balance of the egg card even though a partial settlement was accepted (approximately 4 years ago) ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• They could choose to offset it, if they want.

You'll be told if they do.
  • Thank you, I appreciate I won't know for definite until they tell me, but I was just trying to see if anyone had any past experience of this situation so I don't get my hopes up :) !
  • Did you make the partial settlement to Egg or to Barclays?

If the Egg account defaulted prior to Barclays acquiring it, it's doubtful that Barclays will have any record of it.

If that is the case, there will be no offset.
  • Hi Thanks for the response

The egg card defaulted before it was sold to Barclays and the settlement was made to Barclays. The default has now dropped off anyway so there is no sign of it on my file.

Am I right in thinking that a PPI settlement for one product that was paid of in full cannot be used to offset another?
  • catflap11 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that a PPI settlement for one product that was paid of in full cannot be used to offset another?
    A partial settlement is not "paid in full", the remaining monies are written off but you technically still owe them.

So you'll just have to wait and see...
  • A partial settlement is not "paid in full", the remaining monies are written off but you technically still owe them.

So you'll just have to wait and see...
    Sorry, I realised i didn't make it clear, the loan that the PPI is linked to was fully repaid and closed. The partial settlement was for the Egg credit card, sorry for the confusion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure