Has anyone fitted quickstep Vinyl flooring (not laminate)

Options
Evening folks

We are replacing the flooring in the downstairs of our house soon - will be approx 60 square meters.

I have seen the quickstep vinyl plank flooring which appeals as I gather you don't need to fit edging strips around skirtings etc. Some of my skirtings are curved so this would look rubbish and removing them is not an option.

Has anyone fitted quickstep and can comment how they're finding it? If so glue down or free floating? Know I will have to ply the floor first.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Did the kitchen floor recently with click-loc LVT. The installation instructions specified a 5mm gap all round where the flooring meets the walls. Fortunately, I had removed the skirting boards whilst doing other work.

If you don't want to remove the skirting boards, you only have two options..

1) Scotia beading round the edge..
    2) Trim the bottom of the boards off with an OMT and suitable blade.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like Quickstep. We have a round lounge and I removed and replaced the skirting boards. That makes a much neater job IMHO.

Why would you fit ply?

Do not skimp on cheap underlay, false economy. We used Quickstep
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • minibbb
    minibbb Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks chaps that's helpful! The glue down type requires ply rather than underlay.

I'll double check the spec to see if needs an expansion gap and if so will ask the builder what he thinks.

Don't want to remove the skirtings as are rounded in places and the walls have been skimmed before so it'll make a right mess pulling them off.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 8 October 2017 at 8:18AM
    Options
    You can probably get away with a tighter gap than 5mm if you keep your room within temp range.

(size of room will determine the min gap)

I have seen laminate fitted with a tight gap and bead of white flexible sealant(white skirting) and it looked fine.

could go the extra trouble and under cut the skirting and fit under one side and as close to flush/under.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure