Part exchange query

Options
Adly812
Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
I am ready to get a new car or part exchange. I currently have a peugeot 106 1.0 active, red 5dr that has done 35000 miles. It's in great condition no dents/scuffs. Full history of services mot etc,

I'm contemplating getting a Toyota IQ 2014 3dr 1.0 that's done 18000 miles. What do you think would be a realistic part exchange for my vehicle if this IQ is being so,d for £4500??

Is my part exchange sensible, Toyota vs peugeot? 5 door vs 3door?

I want to get a good deal,as I know what care salesman are like... Thoughts?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £24.57 Sounds fair.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    I'd have said probably £79.56
  • Adly812
    Options
    Are you both salesman? Come on looking for a decent bit of advice ��
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Options
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    I am ready to get a new car or part exchange. I currently have a peugeot 106 1.0 active, red 5dr that has done 35000 miles. It's in great condition no dents/scuffs. Full history of services mot etc.

You have not said what year the Peugeot is but I am fairly certain they did not produce a 106 1.0 active. What they did produce was a 107 1.0 12v active from 2012 to 2015. If this is what you actually have it would seem crazy to change to an even smaller car of a similar age. Also bear in mind that the IQ was banned from use in driving tests by DSA because the visibility out of the rear was considered to be too poor.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    Are you both salesman? Come on looking for a decent bit of advice ��

Which we might be able to give if you'd given some relevant details of your car.
  • loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your Peugeot should sell easily to a private buyer leaving you with more money in your pocket and a more transparent deal on your new car.
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    Is it sensible? Who knows.

Why do you want to change?

Have a look online for what cars are selling for and use this as a guide for price.
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    Enter details of your car into WBAC's website. The figure should be a pretty accurate trade in price.
  • Adly812
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Sorry for not putting the accurate detail, yes 107 peugeot 2013 reg.

Interesting to hear about the IQ being banned from driving tests . With all your comments I'll check out the wbac as I agree I'll get a better price. Been offered £2500 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure