IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Two cases, two no-shows at Maidstone Court today

Options
The first case is one which featured in a Daily Mail report earlier this year: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4155904/Sales-assistant-hit-2-000-worth-parking-fines.html

I contacted the defendant, and provided him with his Defence and WS. A local Lay Rep from the BMPA went along to assist. Nobody turned up for PCM (UK), and there was no WS filed by Gladstones. So DJ Sullivan struck out the claim, and awarded the defendant his costs.

Our man observed that there was also a case involving Parking & Property Management in a different courtroom. No advocate turned up for them either, and the defendant was in and out in five minutes.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2017 at 7:29PM
    Options
    The normal pettifogging £95, or real money to compensate him for the hassle he had to put up with from CPM?

If the former, then, in effect the PPC have won. They did not even have to pay for a Tom Sawyer.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It’s so appalling that these scumpanies can issue template claims and paperwork, putting the defendant through huge amounts of trauma and the need to research and develop strong, bespoke defences, take a day off work to turn up at the court, yet the PPC fails to appear - and ‘escapes’ with impunity.

Just wrong, so wrong!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And if the poor victim fails to show he gets hammered. One law for the scum and another law for the ppc victim. �
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It will indeed be very interesting to see how these
    incompetent scumbags will deal with the new game
    of hula hoops, not very well I think ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing