PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

FTB - Mortgage account details after completion

Options
Hello.

Pls can you guide me as to how long does it take to receive mortgage account details after completion?

We completed on 29-Sep and haven't had anything in post yet.

Thanks.

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You mean how long does it take after completion for a letter from your mortgage lender to arrive confirming the size and date of your first and subsequent mortgage payments?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • harshitguptaiitr
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    You mean how long does it take after completion for a letter from your mortgage lender to arrive confirming the size and date of your first and subsequent mortgage payments?
    yes - that is exactly what I actually meant. ;)

Since I havent received any and I am a FTB, I didnt know what to call it.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The most sensible suggestion would be to contact whoever arranged or provided your mortgage and ask them; as nothing posted here could be anything more than simple speculation...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • elverson
    elverson Posts: 808 Forumite
    Options
    I think ours took a couple of weeks. Did you give the lender details for them to set up a direct debit during the application?
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It was about two weeks for us with Nationwide last year but other mortgage providers are likely to work to different timescales. Have you got mail redirection set up in case they have sent it to your previous address?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What did your lender tell you when you rang and asked?
  • harshitguptaiitr
    Options
    I first called my mortgage broker who said that I should contact the lender directly. Although they told me that usually it is sent within 5-7 working days.
    I then spoke to the lender who said 5-10 working days (i.e 1 to 2 weeks).
    That is when I thought of asking on this forum what has been experience of other buyers.
  • HGW2012
    HGW2012 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Who is your mortgage with?

Only ask as ours is Halifax and checked online banking today and my mortgage is showing as of today. It shows the date of first mortgage payment and how much it will be (currently blank as we complete today)
    So if Halifax maybe will show online?
  • harshitguptaiitr
    Options
    Who is your mortgage with?
    It is with a different bank than the one I have my other bank accounts with.
    So unfortunately I have no way of checking online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure