Goods bought from eBay faulty What are my rights?

Options
Hi I bought a bunk bed from ebay company based in uk but bunk bed delivered from manufacturer outside uk. It took 3 weeks to receive the bed and seller offered %10 discount. Once assembled, we realised that footboard was broken and my husband fixed it. It had other scratches as well. I informed the seller and he offered %20 discount and replacement of the footboard. Today is the 4th day my daughters used this bed and one of the slats on the top bed cracked. I really regret buying this bed but disassembling and sending this bed back to Poland would cost me a lot money. I informed the seller he offered another %10 refund and sending slats. I don't really trust to put my daughters to this bunkbed any more. Are new slats going to be safer? On the page it says it conforms to eu health and safety and 24 months warranty. What are my options do you think ? Can I get a full refund with postage costs paid by seller?

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you possibly give us a time line?

What date did you receive the bed? When did you first contact them to complain about it being broken? Did the seller send the new footboard? If so, what date was that received?

Are you sure you purchased from a company in the UK? Whats the company name if you don't mind me asking?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Derin10
    Options
    Thanks for your post.
    I paid for it on 3rd September and received it on 27th September. We assembled it on 1st October. I contacted them on 2nd October and yesterday they agreed to send a new footboard and %30 refund, not received yet. The slat of the upper bed cracked today.
    On the ebay page it says registered in England with an address and reg number. But manufacturers are based in Poland.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And again... what is the company name?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The easiest option would have been an eBay case. You have 30 days from delivery to open one.

The bed was broken on first use and that is when you should have let eBay know. eBay offers help with items which arrive damaged in the form of protecting your money and ensuring the seller provides you with a label to return the item. eBay do not offer a guarantee on items and stating you have used it 4 times would likely muddy the waters.

You have nothing to lose by opening a case and giving the basic information of the item being broken on delivery. The partial refunds you have received along with any information you have sent to the seller in messages may mean it doesn't go your way, but it may be worth trying first.
  • Akahotpot
    Akahotpot Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Did the company agree to you making repairs instead of replacement ,credit or them repairing ?
  • Derin10
    Options
    Yes they did. They said Do the repairs yourself until the replacement is received. They did not offer to do the repairs themselves and offered refund of %10 for the hassle, %10 for late delivery and %10 for minor damages
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure