Studio advice re returns

Options
Hello, not sure I posted in the right place. Basically I ordered a toy kitchen with the option to 'personalise' it and I can't remember if I did or not. Anyway, ordered 20th September, they didn't tell me it wasn't in stock or I wouldn't have ordered it. Fast forward to now, it was 'awaiting stock' for 6/10/17 and now That has changed to 20/10/2017. I phoned up their unhelpful customer service who said they would forward my details on to the 'relevant' department who will 'try' to cancel the order. I asked for a number for that department but they didn't give one, they couldn't give me an estimate time that this would be done in or even how I find out it's been successfully cancelled.

It was a present for a birthday that is in October and I now cannot buy another one as I might have 'personalised' it which is exempt from the right to cancel, which I think is what they are going to get back to me saying! however they haven't even personalised it and didn't tell me it would take weeks to be in stock. Feeing very cross and not sure if there's anything I can do about it?!

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you tried cancelling? If it's not sent out, I'd try, what in reality have you got to lose? Yes they could refuse on the grounds of it being personalised but it's better that and maybe chancing it to see if it does work then just waiting knowing you definetly wont get your money back and will have the wait just to add insult.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anniee88 wrote: »
    Hello, not sure I posted in the right place. Basically I ordered a toy kitchen with the option to 'personalise' it and I can't remember if I did or not. Anyway, ordered 20th September, they didn't tell me it wasn't in stock or I wouldn't have ordered it. Fast forward to now, it was 'awaiting stock' for 6/10/17 and now That has changed to 20/10/2017. I phoned up their unhelpful customer service who said they would forward my details on to the 'relevant' department who will 'try' to cancel the order. I asked for a number for that department but they didn't give one, they couldn't give me an estimate time that this would be done in or even how I find out it's been successfully cancelled.

I guess it's this or this.

Both have the following blurb in their description: "DIRECT DESPATCH: These items will be sent direct from the supplier to your specified address. Please allow 10 days for delivery except for suites and pre-orders - please refer to individual product detail pages."

Studio probably has no control over how or when the item is sent.

It's probably in a shipping container on its way from China. And 'personalisation' will happen after it's been off-loaded.

If I were you I'd cancel it. If they whinge, ask for a picture of it showing the personalisation and ask why they can't pop it in the post today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure