IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Time Limit on PCN

Options
Hi. I am totally new to this, so apologies if the answer was easy to find elsewhere, but I have just received today, two Parking Charge notices from Parking Eye that date back to the 02/05/17 and 03/05/17, which is 4 months ago. Although I am the keeper of the vehicle I can not be certain who was driving now. Is there any time limit after which tickets can not be issued? Many thanks. Lawson1251

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,191 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You have ''golden tickets'' (our phrase for a too-late NTK from PE) so you WILL win at POPLA!

Read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread where a ''golden ticket'' is shown as a picture link. The BPA lets their beloved fee-paying members send out random NTKs for about six months but the good thing with a late one (received more than 14 days after the parking event) is, the registered keeper (or hirer/lessee?) appeals and they WIN, as long as the driver is never implied or admitted.

Don't choose 'driver' on the appeals drop-down. Choose 'registered keeper' if you are, or 'hirer/lessee' for a lease/company car.

Use the template from the NEWBIES thread post #1, same for each one (if it's a hire/lease car, use the one lower down the first post of the sticky, the version written by Edna Basher).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AlluringAnil
    AlluringAnil Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2018 at 5:04PM
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful tip.

I happened to receive a PCN almost about 6 months late this issued on 23rd Jan 18 for the alleged parking offence on 26th July 17.
    After reading through the newbies thread, I appealed on 5th Feb 18 and received this correspondence today:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN), the contents of which have been noted.

The Notice in question was issued without invoking the Protection of Freedoms Act.

In accordance with the DVLA and BPA rules, PCNs can be issued up to six months from the date of the parking contravention.

We apologise the Notice was not received in a timely manner, and whilst we appreciate that this Notice was issued later than the BPA AOS guidelines, such occurrences can occur due to a number of reasons, such as delays in receiving keeper information or a delay in data processing.

Please forward to us the full name and address of the driver at the time this charge was incurred so that we can update our records accordingly.

We are placing this Notice on hold for 14 days from the date of this email to allow you to provide the details requested.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Ltd.

Please suggest the best appropriate reply as this is the first time I have received a PCN and hence the appeal for the first time.

Many thanks!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2018 at 8:33PM
    Options
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, by MPs, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (who take hundreds of these cases to court, and nearly always lose), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.[/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful tip.

I happened to receive a PCN almost about 6 months late this issued on 23rd Jan 18 for the alleged parking offence on 26th July 17.
    After reading through the newbies thread, I appealed on 5th Feb 18 and received this correspondence today:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN), the contents of which have been noted.

The Notice in question was issued without invoking the Protection of Freedoms Act.

In accordance with the DVLA and BPA rules, PCNs can be issued up to six months from the date of the parking contravention.

We apologise the Notice was not received in a timely manner, and whilst we appreciate that this Notice was issued later than the BPA AOS guidelines, such occurrences can occur due to a number of reasons, such as delays in receiving keeper information or a delay in data processing.

Please forward to us the full name and address of the driver at the time this charge was incurred so that we can update our records accordingly.

We are placing this Notice on hold for 14 days from the date of this email to allow you to provide the details requested.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Ltd.

Please suggest the best appropriate reply as this is the first time I have received a PCN and hence the appeal for the first time.

Many thanks!

is that a joke , is it april 1st?

the dates you say are 181 apart
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,191 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Obviously you don't reply! They are asking who was driving, you DO NOT give that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AlluringAnil
    Options
    Thank you!
    Logically a person cannot remember who was driving at a particular time after 6 months.
    They mentioned they are placing the notice on hold for 14 days. What can they do after 14 days?
  • AlluringAnil
    Options
    It is indeed 181 days apart without including the postage time which means I received it on 25th Jan 18 and it will add another 2 days to it.

Do you think I should write back telling them that this is more than 180 days and they should delete my details from their database and cancel the PCN.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    They mentioned they are placing the notice on hold for 14 days. What can they do after 14 days?
    You need to start your own thread, and not hijack someone else's like this

Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum where you will see the process outlined and how to deal with this

If after going there you have further questions then start a new thread
  • AlluringAnil
    Options
    Apologies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business