Water ingress - is OK?!

Options
Replacement patio sliding door in ali, looks great. Sliding door moves behind fixed pane which differs from the old window - this is a security measure. However when it rains the moving door pushes water into the channel behind the fixed pane so into the house. Unless it's sufficient volume to hit one of the two weep holes (that let air in anyway) then it disappears only with evaporation into my room or by me mopping it up. I am being told that this is how it should be!
I am saying this is totally wrong on all levels - the window isn't functioning correctly.
With modern design/security features is it not possible to have an outside sliding door that would negate the water issue? Views would be welcomed.

Comments

• societys_child
    Options
    Something not right. My sliding door opens on the inside and never had that problem in twelve years.
  • springdune
    Options
    Thanks for replying SC - the manufacturer, fabricator and installer came back today and apparently the water that is in the channel is NOT INSIDE my house because it is in the window channel, as it's not damaging my carpet or structure of the house was another rational - "it's a matter of interpretation" I was told!! Apparently the window complies with all Standards (though they couldn't show me any paperwork) and ALL sliding windows UPVC or Aluminium that slide inside the fixed pane will drain water in the channel inside the house (but not inside the house). Battle commences......
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2017 at 4:06AM
    Options
    I don't believe there is anything wrong with your door.

Details of the manufacturer and a photo would help :-)
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport