IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks PCN

Options
robrymond
robrymond Posts: 701 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 17 September 2017 at 12:05PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I've posted on an existing thread about this, but someone I know has received a Euro Car Parks PCN from 'The Waterfront' in Walsall for not displaying a valid ticket.

They were unaware of any parking charges upon entering the site and hence they didn't pay. Usually these sites are camera active but with a 'free stay period' (they certainly are in Stoke for example where Euro car parks have ownership).

The only flaw in the letter I can see is the date and time of the alleged entry and exit which isn't super-imposed on the image.

I realise how difficult contesting these things are now, I personally have been successful in the past but there seems to have been a great amount of changes in recent years.

They also don't want to cough up the £100 so the £60 is more tempting. Again it isn't ideal but there is quite a difference between paying £60 now or loosing and paying £100.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would wait for the reminder in 2 weeks' time, because that's the document ECP call a 'Notice to Keeper' and they misstate the 'date of issue' on it. You want that letter.

If they lose, they don't actually PAY £100! So what if they lose?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • robrymond
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I would wait for the reminder in 2 weeks' time, because that's the document ECP call a 'Notice to Keeper' and they misstate the 'date of issue' on it. You want that letter.

So this is a given problem with them? Surely they will fix this issue if they keep loosing appeals, doesn't make sense?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Robrymond, blank out the precise times on that pic of your PCN.

That is enough to uniquely identify your incident.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    robrymond wrote: »
    So this is a given problem with them? Surely they will fix this issue if they keep loosing appeals, doesn't make sense?

They fixed it in the first letter - that had a flaw from March till June this year, some numpty in their offices thought the 'date issued' was the date of parking event, for a while. But recently, I've noticed that they haven't fixed it in the second letter.

What makes you think they keep losing appeals? What % of appeals do you reckon are from people on forums? We/you are a rare bunch, and so I doubt that they 'keep losing'. No doubt most appeals are from numpties writing about what happened.
  • robrymond
    Options
    What makes you think they keep losing appeals? What % of appeals do you reckon are from people on forums? We/you are a rare bunch, and so I doubt that they 'keep losing'. No doubt most appeals are from numpties writing about what happened.

Just reading around it seems much harder to get a successful appeal from POPLA than it used to be.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Not that I've noticed. Very few threads about a lost POPLA appeal are from those we've helped them write.
  • robrymond
    Options

Do they wait for the 2 weeks and THEN contact Euro Car Parks after the second letter or acknowledge it now and then use the second invoice as evidence to POPLA?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Wait.

There is always 28 days to appeal from the first letter, so the second one will arrive in good time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure