Marriott Hotels

Options
Hi

I am organising a group trip to the States next year, flights and Vegas accommodation are sorted I just need to book our stay in Santa Monica. We need 4 rooms for 2 midweek nights at the start of May.

We have selected the Courtyard by Marriott near the Santa Monica Pier but just trying to figure out when will be best to book. Does anyone know if Marriott gets involved in Black Friday for deals or if they have annual sales (like the airlines do)?

With the pound slightly stronger I am tempted to book now but don't want to jump in if there could be a sale round the corner,

TIA

Darren

Comments

• MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a great holiday but don't forget CashBack sites :money:

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/search/merchants/?s=Marriott+Hotels
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    Are you with their rewards programme. Might be worth looking into. Also, since you have set ideas on staying there, perhaps contact them directly by email, or call them and see what they can do. You never know.

Other options, although slightly risky, is see if they are on Priceline or Hotwire. Look up the hotel lists on betterbidding.com (if it still exists?) and see if you could target them via the bidding sites.
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, the big chains do reduce their prices the closer you get to stay date. But, get too close to stay date and they then start to go up.

What I do is book the hotel I want some time in advance on a cancellable booking, i.e. cancel more then so many days (usually 1 or 3) before stay date and no penalty. I then monitor the price and when it goes down, cancel original booking and book again, very easy to do using their website, again using a cancellable booking.

Finally, a few days before travelling, look at the non-cancellable price which is usually always the cheapest option. The knack is knowing when this price is removed from the pricing options. I've found this is usually about a week before the stay date.

It can be a lot of hassle, but you can save hundreds. On my last trip to the USA we saved at least £300 doing this over the 14 nights we were there.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    uknick wrote: »
    Yes, the big chains do reduce their prices the closer you get to stay date. But, get too close to stay date and they then start to go up.

What I do is book the hotel I want some time in advance on a cancellable booking, i.e. cancel more then so many days (usually 1 or 3) before stay date and no penalty. I then monitor the price and when it goes down, cancel original booking and book again, very easy to do using their website, again using a cancellable booking.

Finally, a few days before travelling, look at the non-cancellable price which is usually always the cheapest option. The knack is knowing when this price is removed from the pricing options. I've found this is usually about a week before the stay date.

It can be a lot of hassle, but you can save hundreds. On my last trip to the USA we saved at least £300 doing this over the 14 nights we were there.
    This is my strategy as well ^^^^^^ :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business