The Big Deal Collective

Options
fredandwilma
fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
edited 15 September 2017 at 9:57PM in Energy
The Big Deal have a competitive fixed tariff with Octopus Energy, (depending on regional variations).

https://thebigdeal.com/

Octopus Energy seem to have reasonable reviews with solid financial backing, although i haven't used them or The Big Deal, myself.

Hope this helps someone

f&w
Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 September 2017 at 9:23AM
    Options
    On my usage of 10000kWhs/year for gas and 2500kWhs/year for electricity, the cheapest deals available to me today are with separate suppliers with an annual cost of £657. The Big Deal offer comes out at £745/year. Yet again, this shows how uncompetitive collective deals have become.That said, I am sure that many will buy into it and if they are on SVTs this cannot be a bad thing.
  • COVKID
    COVKID Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    Would you be so good as to let me know what these deals are as i am in the process of changing.Thank you.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    COVKID wrote: »
    Would you be so good as to let me know what these deals are as i am in the process of changing.Thank you.

I switched about 4 months ago and I am with Zog for gas and Powershop for electricity. Zog is a no frills supplier; it’s website is basic and you have to provide a meter reading on the last day of each month to get an e-mailed statement about 10 days later. E-mail Support is first-class.

Powershop is a more complicated offer: I suggest that you read the Powershop feedback thread. I am still waiting for Ofgem to confirm that my credit balance is protected. Two months on, they are still considering the exam question. The legal complication is that PS Energy Ltd (trading as Powershop UK) is a limited company subsidiary of NPower. Ofgem initially said that it was a NPower white-label supplier. I pointed out that unlike other white-label suppliers, my contract is with PSEnergy Ltd not NPower. Ofgem has gone away to think about it again. All that said, Powershop support is first-class as is their billing (which is by no means simple).
  • COVKID
    COVKID Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your quick reply.will look into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure