PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Will the HMRC email a copy of SA302?

Narkynewt
Narkynewt Posts: 118 Forumite
edited 14 September 2017 at 10:55PM in House buying, renting & selling
So, it has just come to our attention that as part of our mortgage application my partner is missing one year from his SA302 self assessment calculation. The form cannot be downloaded from the gateway website as he filed this particular year via post. I have seen people saying the HMRC have faxed copies over to their mortgage advisor but ours doesn't have a fax!

What are the chances I could talk someone into scanning and emailing it (to the email address on the tax returns and which the HMRC have on file) so we can get it to Halifax tomorrow?

Our valuation is Monday and would have liked a mortgage offer right away. Without the form it could be another week :(

Thoughts? Thanks for reading

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My experience of HMRC is that you will be lucky to even get to speak to anyone there.

As for getting them to first find, and then scan & email the form? The same day? :rotfl:

Sorry, shouldn't laugh - especially as I have to be good these days or get kicked off the site - but I'll make a donation to a charity of your choice if you succeed.
  • Ok it's a deal :) I am pretty good at negotiation. Also I am a positive person so watch this space and get your wallet ready G_M :)
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    if you want it mailed , it can take 2+ weeks, sometimes longer, find a fax number you can use and give it to the advisor is another option.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Can you not have it faxed to your solicitor or estate agent? I'm sure they would be happy to accommodate if you explained?

Or does someone you know have access to a fax machine at work?

We had our mortgage valuation on a Friday and it wasn't even looked at for a week - so it depends if they plan on looking at the valuation and offering quickly?
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
  • Narkynewt
    Narkynewt Posts: 118 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2017 at 8:51AM
    Thanks guys! I am seriously sleep deprived at the moment (cluster feeding 4 month old + 2 year old with chicken pox) so didn't even think about the solicitors. Will ring them at 9am and then ring the self assessment hot line!
  • O I remember those days well, as if cluster feeding and sleep deprivation aren't bad enough now you've got this to sort!
    Fingers crossed you get sorted!
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    RiversTam wrote: »
    Can you not have it faxed to your solicitor or estate agent? I'm sure they would be happy to accommodate if you explained?

Or does someone you know have access to a fax machine at work?
    Or there are plenty of fax to email gateways. Though I'm not sure what the urgency is, if the valuation hasn't even been done yet?
  • So u spoke to a lovely guy who said he would fax over he docs immediately he had em printed on his desk and wrote the cover letter with me on the phone. Then he said he was going to fax them......

5 minutes later got another call and some JOBSWORTH in his office has reported him and I got a call back from him to say he is sorry he did not follow procedure and cannot fax them because his effing colleague stopped him at the fax machine.

I have asked for a call back from a manager because he is now adamant it's against their policy to fax

Fuming
  • G_M
    I'm out today but look forward to writing a cheque when I log on tonight. Must admit I'm impress so far. Trying to get hold of HMRC has always been a nightmare forr me.....

Good luck with that manager
  • G_M
    So I can put my chequebook away?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts