No one to claim off

Options
Took my wife's Mondeo in for it's MOT today and it failed on handbrake just below efficiency (tend not to notice cos it's auto) and a broken n/s/f spring.

Not too bad a list for a 17 year old, so booked it in for next Thurs (my next day off) to have the work done and re-test. Normally happy enough to do the repairs myself but lately just can't get enthusiasm for working in the rain!

Anyway, got about half way home (she was following me) and I see her pull over to the kerb. Go back and the spring's taken the tyre out. It'd likely been sitting happily in its seat for quite a while until the garage disturbed it by doing their job and jacking the car up during the test :(

They seemed quite surprised when I appeared again asking if they could do the work tomorrow and, by the way, could you pick it up from down the road? Apparently I was supposed to go in, all guns blazing, about how it was "fine until they disturbed it" and how the tyre and recovery should be their responsibility :rotfl:

Comments

• Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry but I can't figure whether you are asking a question.
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alter_ego wrote: »
    Sorry but I can't figure whether you are asking a question.

The hint could be in the (lack of) punctuation?
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Options
    As they say !!!!!! happens, good to see you're not looking to blame someone or seeking compo.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    It could have been a lot worse.
    Imagine if you or your wife had a flat tyre on a motorway or elsewhere miles from home and in the middle of nowhere then after jacking the car up and fitting the spare, drove off only to have the spring rip the spare to bits a few miles down the road.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    Took my wife's Mondeo in for it's MOT today and it failed on handbrake just below efficiency (tend not to notice cos it's auto) and a broken n/s/f spring.

Not too bad a list for a 17 year old, so booked it in for next Thurs (my next day off) to have the work done and re-test. Normally happy enough to do the repairs myself but lately just can't get enthusiasm for working in the rain!

Anyway, got about half way home (she was following me) and I see her pull over to the kerb. Go back and the spring's taken the tyre out. It'd likely been sitting happily in its seat for quite a while until the garage disturbed it by doing their job and jacking the car up during the test :(

They seemed quite surprised when I appeared again asking if they could do the work tomorrow and, by the way, could you pick it up from down the road? Apparently I was supposed to go in, all guns blazing, about how it was "fine until they disturbed it" and how the tyre and recovery should be their responsibility :rotfl:

You missed out:

She had a baby in the car.

Her disabled, black, elderly bisexual mother was with her.

The sister of the local nunnery had a whole basket of kittens in the car.

Think of what could have happened!
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You missed out:

There were two chihuahua crosses in the car (thankfully not "her baybees") and she's disabled, does that count?
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    There were two chihuahua crosses in the car (thankfully not "her baybees") and she's disabled, does that count?

It's good... but is it good enough for compo??
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    You missed out:

https://youtu.be/3jFqhjaGh30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family