Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • howlsatthemoon
    • By howlsatthemoon 13th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    • 37Posts
    • 6Thanks
    0 WOW
    Alpharooms Problem
    • #1
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    0 WOW
    Alpharooms Problem 13th Sep 17 at 9:06 PM
    Apologies if in wrong section.

    I was just wondering if someone can help with the problem I am having with Alpharooms.


    On 24th August 2017 I booked, and paid, a 4 night break to Benidorm for February 2018 for my wife and myself. Next day our daughter (14) asked if she could also come. I called Alpharooms and they said that it would not be a problem to add our daughter but there would be a 30 modification fee. I said that was ok and booked and paid for daughter this payment was made on the 28th August.

    To date I have not recieved any conformation of this change and everytime I email and ask for conformation I get a reply asking me to pay 320 so they can proceed with the changes. I have also called them and they tell me they are awaiting a reply from their suppliers which normally takes 24hrs (this has been going on for nearly three weeks now). They also say they can only see one payment (the 2nd payment for daughter) so will have to get in touch with their accounts department to verify payment. My card statement shows both payments have been made and recieved by Alpharooms.

    This has now been going on for nearly three weeks now and when I called today I was asked to wait another 48hrs for suppliers to reply to them.

    Is there anything I can do? If I want to cancel booking it is going to cost me 90 according to their t&c's.

    Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can give some advice about what to do.
Page 1
    • Heedtheadvice
    • By Heedtheadvice 15th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 836 Posts
    • 390 Thanks
    • #2
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • #2
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    That sounds to me like a difficult situation. I guess, and it is only a guess, that it depends upon how the 'change' is viewed contractually i.e. is it a change to the original contract or is it a new contract in the making!

    If the former I really have no ideas. There have been a lot of reviews about the agent historically on line and on one forum 105 pages dating from 2013. I saw one web page saying they are now owned by Teletext holidays......good luck there then!

    If the latter (that is new booking) then it seems you have not had a confirmation so there is no contract? Unless you are desperate to complete the contract I would seriously suggest to get on to them in writing cancelling the booking request and a full refund of payments made as they have not confirmed your request.

    The terms and conditions for your original booking and the prospective change are with the supplier/principal, whoever that may be. Refer to their terms and conditions too.

    It could be that no confirmation has been received from the supplier/principle and the agent should be reacting to your situation. Maybe the cost of the accommodation has risen a lot. If they are not responding I too would wonder how to proceed. Perhaps credit card protection will eventually come into play for you?

    Hope this helps, if a little.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

282Posts Today

3,835Users online

Martin's Twitter