IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gemini Parking Solutions

Options
I received a parking ticket from Gemini Parking Solutions Ltd at the Walthamforest/Kelsmcot Leisure Center. I parked right in front of a sign but i didn't see it. Probably as the Pay & Display was relatively new so i wasn't looking! and I had been called in by the center to collect and discuss my 12 year old son. so i was preoccupied with worry. I had only been in the center around 7-8 minutes. I briefly read online to ignore the PCN which i did. I then received a notice to owner. This is when i found this site but to be honest i'm finding this a mine field. I sent in an appeal using one of the templates about the lack of signage and the size of it which they obviously sent back a refusal letter along with a photo of my car in front of the sign! I panicked as the letter reads that they will pass my details to a debt collection company where addition cost will be applied, I sent a further mail explaining basically the above (Yes i said i was the driver) and offered to pay but in installments as i am on a debt management plan. which was noted but rejected as they don't take installments. So now by doing what i have i'm not sure i can move forward with this and also not sure i have the know how to either. I find it extremely confusing! I'd be grateful for some advice. What should i do? I'm also fumbling my way round this site too as I've never gone in forums before so i hope the Coupon-mad and the likes see it!. Apologies to those that have read the likes of a million times. Many thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    First read up the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum to understand fully the game you are caught up in.

You look to be too late for further appeals (did you get a POPLA code?), and in the debt collectors stage. You can safely ignore debt collectors

If you are too late for a POPLA appeal then wait and see if they take court action and come back for advice on how to deal with this if they do.

They have 6 years to take legal action against you
  • Eposmoon
    Options
    I did read the newbies thread but it's confusing the hell out of me. It's too much information to take on board and I've clearly mis-understood already. When i made the official appeal i used the template from the newbies thread when that was reject i emailed them what happened. I am still within the time frame for POPLA and i do have a POPLA number. I just need advice on whether to appeal further (POPLA) ignore it or pay it!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2017 at 12:41PM
    Options
    You won't get far with a popla appeal with that approach to all this!

Take your time re reading that thread to understand all this.

The simple advice is yes of course do a popla appeal. But you got to do it yourself. Put it up here for comment
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When i made the official appeal i used the template from the newbies thread when that was reject i emailed them what happened.

You did what now?! The template was just a stepping stone to get to POPLA without naming the driver, and you are telling us that you wrote back and undid it all? No-one has EVER posted here to say they've pointlessly done that. Oh dear.

Is your POPLA code still in date (first rejection letter dated no more than 30 days ago)?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Eposmoon
    Options
    Quentin, I'm not sure what you mean when you say i wont get far with that approach? What i am asking for is advice on whether i have compromised myself to the extent that there is no further point in appealing. I'm not asking you to do it for me.
  • Eposmoon
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You did what now?! The template was just a stepping stone to get to POPLA without naming the driver, and you are telling us that you wrote back and undid it all? No-one has EVER posted here to say they've pointlessly done that. Oh dear.

I'm clearly struggling with this and the very last thing i expected was to receive these sort of comments, I feel great now! I didn't pointlessly undo it I panicked due to my personal circumstances. The POPLA code was sent to me on the 06.09.17 and i have 28 days to appeal. But i wish i had never read any of these posts and just paid it.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Eposmoon wrote: »
    Quentin, I'm not sure what you mean when you say i wont get far with that approach? What i am asking for is advice on whether i have compromised myself to the extent that there is no further point in appealing. I'm not asking you to do it for me.

It is incredibly difficult to compromise yourself to that extent. Go ahead and appeal to POPLA. It is highly likely you will win. Get your appeal checked out by posting it in this thread first though.

There is no rush yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport