CCJ missed payments!

Hi,
Sorry I am new to this and so not sure if I am posting in the correct place or even if what I am about to post is something I should already know etc.
I am trying to steadily repair my credit rating one small step at a time.
I do have a CCJ for a loan I defaulted on and this was granted in January 2016.
I have paid this on time, every month without fail and the balance has gone down from almost £6000 to £2800.
I have today been checking through my credit report and this CCJ is listed on there. The balance is wrong as it says £3300 and for every single month it says "missed payment" so it looks as though I have not been paying this at all.
Is it normal to say this? As if not, I need to find out how to have it corrected.
I'm not sure how all of this works and perhaps it says that because I am not paying my original loan but I am still paying the CCJ to the same company.
Could anyone please advise?
Many thanks.

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,486 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    It would be unusual for a lender to be reporting many months in arrears so it's worth asking for a statement of account from them to find out what is going on. Then post again if they are applying interest or charges.

Otherwise it sounds OK.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    The balance will always be a bit behind as it only updates monthly, and only when the creditor tells the CRA of each payment.

To be frank, the CCJ is recent, and will be the deciding factor on your credit file for many credit checks until time passes, so I wouldn't worry about how it is reported. Make sure it gets marked as Satisfied once it is paid off. Edit: Unless of course you're being charged for a missed payment if you haven't. Thanks fatbelly for the better post than mine!

After that, get a small credit card for those with adverse credit (Vanquis, Aqua etc) and pay off the balance IN FULL every month. Build a history with that, do not miss payments to any utilities that report to the CRAs and over time the damage of the CCJ will be lessened.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Thank you I will look into this and see if I am being charged at all.
  • I was recently told by Virgin that they have a Legal Obligation to update the CRA with correct/factual information,they made a big deal about Legal obligation to make sure the update was correct.

So why should this company be allowed to update incorrect information...regardless of how new the CCJ is.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,486 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I was recently told by Virgin that they have a Legal Obligation to update the CRA with correct/factual information,they made a big deal about Legal obligation to make sure the update was correct.

So why should this company be allowed to update incorrect information...regardless of how new the CCJ is.

You are correct - that is why I suggested a statement of account from the lender to check what is going on.

The usual pattern is to report monthly but it sounds like the two sets of figures are more than a month apart so I suspect there are some charges or interest in the mix here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure