PPI for zero balance?

Hi,

Not sure if I post in right thread.

I recently lost my job and try to sort out my budget. I always pay my CC in full every month. I used it once this month and immediately pay it so the balance is 0. I thought if my balance is 0, I won't get charged for ppi?

I've paid prev month balance. Then used it on the 4th sept, paid it on the 6th, the online statement shows balance is 0. Check my online statement today and it shows I've been charged £0.79 for ppi on the 8th sept?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

San

Comments

• Does it cover you for redundancy?
    If so make a claim.
  • To make a claim I need to be on jsa and update them monthly that i've applied min 3 jobs. I think it's easier and cheaper for me to pay 79p instead of sending all those papers every month.

So does it mean I will still get charged ppi even my balance is 0?
  • sanova76 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be charged PPI on a zero balance unless you didn't pay off the bill in time. If your account showed a balance at the time the PPI was applied then the charge is correct.
  • sanova76 wrote: »
    To make a claim I need to be on jsa and update them monthly that i've applied min 3 jobs. I think it's easier and cheaper for me to pay 79p instead of sending all those papers every month.

How strange!
    You are paying for nothing then are you not?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure