Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MoneySavingMole
    • By MoneySavingMole 5th Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    • 62Posts
    • 18Thanks
    MoneySavingMole
    Blackcircles.com
    • 5th Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    Blackcircles.com 5th Sep 17 at 7:21 PM
    Hello, fellow Motorists...

I'd just like to mention a very smooth process of ordering Tyres on blackcircles.com.

I had my BMW serviced at Williams BMW recently (it was included in the purchase of the vehicle - I didn't pay for it!) and as they always do, they 'advised work that should probably be done soon'... of which, was 2x Tyres and my front brake pads.

They quoted me £189 + VAT for the front tyre and £258 + VAT for the rear tyre
    - a total of £447+VAT or £536+/-

They also quoted something similar to replace my front brake pads (which have 600miles left, according to the on board computer) - I've since found an ex-Rolls Royce mechanic who can replace them for £75 including fitting

Anyway, I touted some websites with the information they gave me about the Tyres and managed to get both tyres, supplied & fitted at a local ATS Euromaster for £295.20 including VAT!

A 'moneysavingexpert' saving of £241 - which means, I can get the brake pads done too and still have £166 left!
    Mortgage Free Wannabe
    Chipped away at my mortgage, then released £20,000 for a single extension - Currently £90,000+/- over 18 years!
    Best MoneySaving Moments of 2017?
    - Received £673 for a delayed RyanAir flight by using Bott&Co
    - Saved £241 on Tyres using blackcircles.com
Page 1
    • loskie
    • By loskie 5th Sep 17, 7:31 PM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 760 Thanks
    loskie
    • 5th Sep 17, 7:31 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 7:31 PM
    You replaced 1 tyre on the front and 1 on the rear is that right?

If so possibly not the most sensible course of action. Should have replaced them in pairs.
    That's the problem with staggered wheels/tyres you cannot rotate them to even out wear.
    • MoneySavingMole
    • By MoneySavingMole 5th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    MoneySavingMole
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    That's correct - both on the passenger side. The driver's side (front and back) were replaced recently following a road traffic accident in which the third party collided with that side of the vehicle.

That's probably why they've flagged them on the service, to be honest. The tread depth is 3mm on the passenger side wheels and 6/7mm on the driver's side.
    Mortgage Free Wannabe
    Chipped away at my mortgage, then released £20,000 for a single extension - Currently £90,000+/- over 18 years!
    Best MoneySaving Moments of 2017?
    - Received £673 for a delayed RyanAir flight by using Bott&Co
    - Saved £241 on Tyres using blackcircles.com
    • Clive Woody
    • By Clive Woody 5th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    • 4,447 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Clive Woody
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    I've used Blackcircles many times and really impressed with the service and how much I saved.

You can even get cashback from Topcashback on top of their great prices
    Rugby Union - The Greatest Game
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 15th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 5,937 Posts
    • 2,708 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 15th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 15th May 18, 1:29 PM
    Bought some tyres last week from Blackcircles. Turn up at the fitting centre on the time and date stated to find out that the tyres hadn't been delivered and that the order had been postponed. Logged into my Blackcircles account and it doesn't say anything about this, still said my original fitting date and time.

Phoned Blackcircles and was on hold for over 20 minutes until I eventually pressed 5 for a ring back. Never received a ring back either.

Emailed them and asked for a full refund and got an email back 24 hours later saying they will refund me.

Poor show.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 15th May 18, 1:46 PM
    • 2,919 Posts
    • 1,858 Thanks
    Car 54
    • 15th May 18, 1:46 PM
    • 15th May 18, 1:46 PM
    You replaced 1 tyre on the front and 1 on the rear is that right?

If so possibly not the most sensible course of action. Should have replaced them in pairs.
    That's the problem with staggered wheels/tyres you cannot rotate them to even out wear.
    Originally posted by loskie
    In 50 years of driving I have never rotated tyres, and nothing bad has happened as a result.

On the other hand, I have had to replace many tyres over the years because of damage of one sort or another. Any one of those would have upset a rotation plan.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 15th May 18, 2:42 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 15th May 18, 2:42 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:42 PM
    RAC tyres are also good. Same setup; order tyres and arrange a fitting time at a local tyre place. Have found their prices better than BC's
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 15th May 18, 2:53 PM
    • 2,910 Posts
    • 4,301 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    • 15th May 18, 2:53 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:53 PM
    RAC tyres are also good. Same setup; order tyres and arrange a fitting time at a local tyre place. Have found their prices better than BC's
    Originally posted by EdGasketTheSecond
    Also Asda tyres. Got the best price with them last time, so much so the fitter was surprised at how good it was.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 15th May 18, 4:01 PM
    • 10,946 Posts
    • 7,767 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 15th May 18, 4:01 PM
    • 15th May 18, 4:01 PM
    Also Asda tyres. Got the best price with them last time, so much so the fitter was surprised at how good it was.
    Originally posted by RichardD1970
    Asda and RAC tyres are one and the same.
    • dogshome
    • By dogshome 15th May 18, 4:09 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 1,539 Thanks
    dogshome
    Always had some concerns about purchasing goods from one supplier that are then fitted by another - If end result not up to standard, each of the supplying parties blame the other

Looked at BC for tyres, but with above in mind.
    Wasn't too difficult to work out who the local fitting service were, so rang them with " BC want £xx, will you supply and fit for the same price ?" - Answer "YES"

Maybe a little sneaky, but this is a money saving site and I have just one firm to deal with if something's not up to standard
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 15th May 18, 4:51 PM
    • 5,937 Posts
    • 2,708 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Looks like I will order tyres from RAC Tyres.
    Last edited by LeeUK; 15-05-2018 at 4:58 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,707Posts Today

7,824Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin