IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IPC Appeal Dilemma

Options

Comments

• TwoPence
    Options
    Just to update, still no success in appealing for the PPC to drop the PCN.

I am repeatedly receiving 'copy & paste' letters in response, which fail to address many of the points raised in my appeal and subsequent letters. I'm sure this won't come as a shock to anyone here.

The letter fails to acknowledge my section 10 data subject notice and makes reference to an attached document regarding my initial appeal, of which it seems they have forgotten to attach the letter.

They seem to be trying to avoid the points raised by myself regarding the DPA and their non-compliance of the IPC Code of Practice. Perhaps this suggests they are struggling to defend it?

My next step would be to inform them that I deem their response as a refusal to comply with both the Code of Contract and DPA, and that the circumstances of the case will be forwarded to the relevant governing bodies (being the ICO for DPA and DVLA for a KADOE breach).

If anyone could advise whether this is the appropriate action to be taken, I would be grateful once again of any feedback.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, do that! :D

But also ask for that missing letter because that pretty much stops them being able to issue a claim (probably) if you've reasonably asked for signage photos or other documents not yet supplied.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have you complained to David Dunford? What was his response?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2017 at 8:54AM
    Options
    Were they to take this to court they might struggle. Judges are not fools, most of them are aware of what these companies are up to, and are likely to see a tyre of a few inches over a line as a very minor matter, certainly not one for which they deserve £100 compensation.

The PPC would be daft to reference Beavis, and, depending on the encroachment, would have a hard job convincing a judge that this was not a penalty,

My advice is ignore them, (but make as much trouble as you can for them), and if they did take you to court you have more than an even charge, imo, of beating them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • TwoPence
    Options
    Thanks for your reply,

I would certainly agree with your points, although I would add that my case is regarding a disagreement over what constitutes a ‘marked bay’ to a reasonable person.

I have now informed them that I will be proceeding with alternative action. As you have pointed out, should they provide an unsatisfactory response as they have done continuously, I would be wasting my time to keep sending letters back and forth.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What has David Dunford said?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • TwoPence
    TwoPence Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2017 at 7:58PM
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Have you complained to David Dunford? What was his response?
    Apologies, it seems I missed your initial question regarding the complaint to David Dunford. Unfortunatly I did not contact David Dunford at the time of your advice. I could not find a strong enough source to identify his direct email and I was hopeful that the points I made in law would force the PPC to reconsider.

I will make a complaint to the DVLA, although this won't insure that it is dealt with by David Dunford. Ultimately, I don't think it is detrimental that I have not contacted the DVLA sooner as recent events have strengthened my case further.

I'll update with the DVLA's response, unless it is absolutely mandatory that I deal with David Dunford directly and can be provided with his contact information.

Edit
    Apologies, I missed out some messages as I responded from a mobile device.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes, do that! :D
    But also ask for that missing letter because that pretty much stops them being able to issue a claim (probably) if you've reasonably asked for signage photos or other documents not yet supplied.
    Certainly, I have highlighted that they did not attach any further documents in their latest correspondence.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2017 at 11:31PM
    Options
    I could not find a strong enough source to identify his direct email
    I've personally emailed him dozens of times, and he answers.
    I will make a complaint to the DVLA, although this won't insure that it is dealt with by David Dunford.
    Yes it will, if you email him like we all do. Mandatory? no. Sensible when complaining, because he listens, yes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Using the forum search with 'David Dunford' will reveal this post (and many others) with his email address.
  • TwoPence
    Options
    Thank you both for the information, I shall forward the matter directly to David Dunford using the email featured in the linked thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure