New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    About 10 days til new mortgage day?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Yup.... not long now!!

Pinky, I'm not too bad at free money when I'm focused....but it can be hard to maintain it without being obsessive, so getting the balance right is key.

I've introduced DH to Aldi today. He is quite hot on all things supermarket having previously been 20 years as a manager for one of the big chains, so I knew his opinion would be very interesting on a lot of levels. He was very impressed and although we still had to get some "free from" stuff from Tesco, I think we will continue to head to Aldi first. A good move in getting the budget to stretch further and a few more pennies at the end of the month for the savings pot, maybe.

Receipts uploaded and surveys done....no new cash requested today but I'm sure there will be some on its way soon!!

Happy weekend.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I think Aldi are fab :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Merchandiser2367
    Options
    Yup.... not long now!!

Pinky, I'm not too bad at free money when I'm focused....but it can be hard to maintain it without being obsessive, so getting the balance right is key.

I've introduced DH to Aldi today. He is quite hot on all things supermarket having previously been 20 years as a manager for one of the big chains, so I knew his opinion would be very interesting on a lot of levels. He was very impressed and although we still had to get some "free from" stuff from Tesco, I think we will continue to head to Aldi first. A good move in getting the budget to stretch further and a few more pennies at the end of the month for the savings pot, maybe.

Receipts uploaded and surveys done....no new cash requested today but I'm sure there will be some on its way soon!!

Happy weekend.

Great to read your diary! We found Aldi was one of the game changers.......we were bit of a food shopping snobs and thought Aldi/Lidl were budget/low quality shops.

But!! Honestly, the food is great and 9/10 items, is up there with mid-range items at all the big supermarkets but soo much cheaper.

Shop there weekly and the savings stack up. I wish i shopped there a long time ago!! :)

Good luck for your goals
    Mortgage When Started Over Pay 01/11/2017- £146,500
    Current Total - 10/02/2022 - £6,500 (With Offset
    £10k Savings)
    5 year fix
    MFW hopefully by March 2022
    01/11/17 - £10k / £10k Emergency Savings :beer:
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Thanks, merchandiser! I know what you mean by being a food snob...! I'd like to think I moved away from being one during my DFW days, but since being with DH I had reverted! In our defence it is only in the last month or so that an aldi has opened on our side of town, and it is on the same site as Asda and only a stone's throw drive from Tesco so being able to visit all three without too much stress in getting the whole list won't be too difficult.

I'm sold on it!!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy your Sunday :)

• Betterthanever
    Options
    You too, beanie x
  • Betterthanever
    Betterthanever Posts: 584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 October 2017 at 10:33PM
    Options
    .....and another £5 requested from s'bucks this evening. Eases the Sunday night blues a little for those of us who don't benefit from being off at half term...we have a 3.45am alarm tomorrow as DH is on earlies.....
  • beanielou
    Options
    Blimey. that is early :eek:

• Betterthanever
    Options
    I know.... thankfully it doesn't happen too often!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure