IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Surprise CCJ - Glastones/SIP Parking

Hi all, hope you can help. I've read the newbie post and some of the other posts from others in a similar situation to me where it was suggested I start a thread to discuss this case.

After being declined for an overdraft I decided to check my credit report. Usually I have Good/Very Good rating, but had found my rating had fell to 557.

Checking my report I found two outstanding CCJs that I was unaware of that had caused this. I emailed Northampton CCBC asking for further details and noting that they had been sent to my previous address.

The response I received noted:
Good Morning, Thank you for your email.

DXXXXXXX - Please find that judgment was entered on 09-JUN-2017 as follows:

Judgment Amount £ 168.64

Total Costs £ 97.00

Sub Total £ 265.64

The claimants are SIP PARKING LTD and their solicitors details are as follows:

GLADSTONES SOLICITORS LIMITED

THE TERRACE

HIGH LEGH PARK GOLF CLUB

WARRINGTON

WA16 6AA

Number: 01565 655 470

Ref: XXXXXX.XXXX/SIP PARKING

Particulars of Claim:

THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE REGISTRATION XXXXXXX (THE 'VEHICLE') INCURRED THE PARKING CHARGE(S) ON 31/08/2016 FOR BREACHING THE TERMS OF PARKING ON THE LAND AT TARIFF STREET MANCHESTER THE DEFENDANT WAS DRIVING THE VEHICLE AND/OR IS THE KEEPER OF THE VEHICLE. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £160 FOR PARKING CHARGES / DAMAGES AND INDEMNITY COSTS IF APPLICABLE, TOGETHER WITH INTEREST OF £7.34 PURSUANT TO S69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 AT 8% PA, CONTINUING TO JUDGMENT AT £0.04 PER DAY.

XXXXXXXX - Please find that judgment was entered on 13-MAR-2017 as follows:

Judgment Amount £ 157.53

Total Costs £ 97.00

Sub Total £ 254.53

The claimants are SIP PARKING LTD and their solicitors details are as follows:

GLADSTONES SOLICITORS LIMITED

THE TERRACE

HIGH LEGH PARK GOLF CLUB

WARRINGTON

WA16 6AA

Number: 01565 655 470

Ref: XXXXXX.XXXX/SIP PARKING

Particulars of Claim:

THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE REGISTRATION XXXXXXX (THE 'VEHICLE') INCURRED THE PARKING CHARGE(S) ON 23/06/2016 FOR BREACHING THE TERMS OF PARKING ON THE LAND AT TARIFF STREETMANCHESTER THE DEFENDANT WAS DRIVING THE VEHICLE AND/OR IS THE KEEPER OF THE VEHICLE. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £150 FOR PARKING CHARGES / DAMAGES AND INDEMNITY COSTS IF APPLICABLE, TOGETHER WITH INTEREST OF £6.61 PURSUANT TO S69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 AT 8% PA, CONTINUING TO JUDGMENT AT £0.03 PER DAY.

Regards

I have replied asking what steps I can take as I had moved home and had no idea that Gladstone were attempting to seek money from me.

I moved home in January 2017. I sold my car in early January whilst still in Manchester and informed the DVLA of my new address. There was an issue with the change of ownership - the DVLA lost the paperwork and the new owner incurred a parking ticket in early Feb. But after proving sale and going via the police I was able to get this ticket directed to the new owner in late Feb/early March.

In this case, I have no idea about how the terms for parking on the land were breached, and I have no idea who was the driver of the vehicle.

In the 10 months between the alleged incident occurring and the court judgement I received no correspondence from Gladstone or SIP Parking (written or otherwise) and as I noted, I moved home in January.

Does this seem a remarkably long time between the incident occurring and the case being taken to court by Gladstone?

I will be writing to have this set aside as I did not receive any documentation and moved home, do you have any suggestions?

I will also be looking at other examples on this forum to put together a defence - any suggestions on approaches?

Thanks everyone.

--

A separate point - Tariff St car park in Manchester where this incident occurred has massive issues. I know of many cases where people have been given tickets despite paying via the app, and as there is no staff working at the car park there is no one to raise this with.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We all feel sorry for this
    Clearly this went to court without your knowledge

Nearly a year ago, Theresa May PM, vowed to investigate
    this problem but as we can see she did sweet f***all
    about it . Yet another lie.

Gladstones should have ensured your serving address was
    correct but, as this nasty little firm are part of this huge
    scam industry, they don't care as long as they get their money

In reality, because Gladstones are well known as incompetent
    and especially to the courts, they only win by default, meaning
    you were not in court.

You can now apply for a set aside which costs £255.
    With the story you tell, a judge will grant that as the courts
    are sick of the Gladstones sham operation
    Once you win the set aside, the court should instruct
    Gladstones to pay you £255

Why not contact Theresa May after you read this thread.
    The woman needs a good shaking to wake up

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    also complain to your local MP and ask for the complaint to be forwarded to Marcus Jones , and to Javid (DCLG) as well , plus T May of course

make sure you ask for the £255 (or £510) back when you do the set asides
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2017 at 11:17PM
    I have replied asking what steps I can take as I had moved home and had no idea that Gladstone were attempting to seek money from me.

The next steps are in the NEWBIES thread post #2 about 'setting aside a CCJ' using for N244 for each one, then defending and claiming your fees in costs when you win.

I say ''when you win'' because:

- these are Gladstones claims, utterly baseless and such bad admin they often drop the ball

- if your local Court is Manchester, they ''get it'' about PPCs and see a lot of set aside cases

- there is tons of advice here about what to include in your Witness Statement and N244

- you have an idea of what's wrong with this car park; signage/machine failure may be an element

- we almost never see a 'set aside' not granted, and have only seen ONE lost defended case here in a year, counting all those hundreds of posters who didn't just take a defence and run, but stuck around and got advice on the WS and hearing as well.

Win at Manchester and claim your costs back.

And complain to your MP. Now is the time to support the Bill going through Parliament:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73050249#post73050249

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/parliament-discuss-unfair-parking.html

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72971855#post72971855

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/government-announce-ccj-review-due-to.html
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks all, I will continue to update this thread. I will also be writing to my MP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure