National Trust Loophole by joining Scotland using in England

Can you still join the Scottish National Trust and use it at English properties. Does this loophole still exist, as it is significantly cheaper to join the Scottish National Trust then the English National Trust. Annually joint membership is £63 compared to £108

Comments

• AElene
    AElene Posts: 78 Forumite
    I'd never thought of doing that :) I can't post links but it says on the national trust scotland website that you can explore the world with SNT membership.
    A National Trust for Scotland membership isn’t just the key to Scotland’s treasures. It also opens up a whole world of heritage for members to explore. We have agreements with similar organisations around the globe which mean that NTS members can visit for free.We’ve listed their websites here, so you can start planning your trip.

the page is at
    nts dot org dot uk/Site/Membership/Reciprocal-entry-sites/
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • Where has the thread been moved to please as I am interested to learn whether anyone else has joined the Scottish National Trust and has used their membership to visit English properties.Thank you
  • chrissy59
    chrissy59 Posts: 40 Forumite
    yes you can we have just joined the scottish national trust and can use it in england and its a lot cheaper
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    It is the National Trust for Scotland. The 1st year is exclusive (cannot use it for English properties). On the first renewal, you can. It isn't a 'loophole' as reciprocal access has always been promoted.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    U sure about that 1st yr bit?
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2017 at 6:04PM
    According to this web page nothing has changed. You can visit properties in England, Wales and Northern Ireland if you become a member. :j There is no mention of waiting for a year.

http://www.nts.org.uk/Site/Membership/Reciprocal-entry-sites/
  • JohnWhite
    JohnWhite Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2017 at 7:52PM
    I am told that the New Zealand Heritage has a reciprocal arrangement with the English National Trust. You can join as an overseas visitor for 69 New Zealand dollars under £50 for a joint membership which is a tremendous saving. However I believe like the arrangement with the Scottish National Trust, I do not think either includes car parking, so you would have to pay for parking every time you visit a National Trust property in England
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    National Trust for Scotland membership definitely includes free car parking in England and Wales.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2017 at 8:50AM
    MandM90 wrote: »
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    This thread/post has been moved from another board.
    Where has the thread been moved to please
    Its been moved here with a poorly worded explanation from the moderators.

To somewhere else implies it has gone elsewhere.
    From somewhere else explains it started somewhere else and is now here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure