nrps1
nrps1 Posts: 56 Forumite
edited 3 November 2017 at 9:36PM in Consumer rights
removed removed

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You mention auction, did you buy the original set via auction? Otherwise I don't understand this part:
    nrps1 wrote: »
    They claim this is clear in the auction I purchased from, but that long expired.

We really need as much detail as possible. Purchased original set x date from xyz retailer online/in store/at a auction (if it was an auction, was it possible to attend the auction in person), delivered x date, reported as faulty on x date, replacement delivered x date.

Also, how does the replacement differ from what you purchased? Was it a replacement on a like for like basis (similar age, condition, specification etc)?

And lastly, how did you pay for it all? Cash, cheque, card? If by card, was any third party involved (such as paypal)?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • nrps1
    edited 3 November 2017 at 9:36PM
    removed removed
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    nrps1 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

So it was on eBay last year. The auction was modified throughout the year after I won as was several items, and eBay cannot get the original for me. It was paid via PayPal and credit card, but none of the three can assist me, mostly due to the age of the claim.

TV was exact like for like replacement. Initial was 4 months old when it developed the fault.

Have they sent the same model as a replacement?
    Was the original a new or refurbished model?
    What exactly is wrong with the screen on the replacement?
  • nrps1
    removed removed
  • nrps1
    removed removed
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Who is the retailer, do they normally sell refurbished goods? Can they provide a copy of the listing?

Google brings up numerous tv repair services. You'd need to contact some and ask them how much a report would be. You'd also need to check their background, a repair from some random will not carry much weight.

If you find someone to do a report you'll need to ask that they assess it in comparison to a brand new item, as well as a refurbished item.
  • nrps1
    edited 3 November 2017 at 9:37PM
    removed removed
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Do you a receipt confirming exactly what you purchased. I.e. is the TV described as new/refurbished etc. Also how long ago did you buy the TV.

Was the purchase price comparable to a good price for the set as new or particularly cheap etc. These are all questions that need consideration and will help assess the strength of case.
  • nrps1
    edited 3 November 2017 at 9:37PM
    removed removed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business