Robinson Way

Options

Comments

• Gizmo21
    Gizmo21 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If only I'd known that about the postal order, Haha!! I know it's only £1, but still, like you I could've kept it, not that there'll be a next time as this is the only debt we now have. Thanks for your info, you've been a help too. We wouldn't be able to do a full settlement if they do manage to produce them, I wish we could, after paying it for so long we just want rid of it. Yes, it will be interesting to find out if the PPI was ticked, but I do keep thinking what if my husband said yes to PPI, but the person in the bank didn't tick the box, it'll only be his word against theirs in that case.
  • Gizmo21
    Options
    Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I last heard from them. I know they had 12 days to acknowledge my first letter, but is there a certain length of time I have to wait for them to produce the documents?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Gizmo21 wrote: »
    Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I last heard from them. I know they had 12 days to acknowledge my first letter, but is there a certain length of time I have to wait for them to produce the documents?

Patience is a virtue you will need to acquire when waiting for relpies to CCA requests Gizmo.

As the debt is sold on, Robbers way have to go back to the original creditor, who then have to search through tons of paperwork for your single piece of A4.

All this takes time, no doubt you will be informed one way or another, eventually, but expect it to take a month at least.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Gizmo21
    Options
    "Robbers way" :rotfl: Thanks Sourcrates. I have discovered I have lots of patience, never thought I had any, but as each day goes by and no letter comes through the door, my amusement increases. I could be smiling on the other side of my face of course, but it's fun while it lasts :D
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Hi Gizmo

I have cca,d robbers way as they hold 2 accounts off mine that was in may ,still have not had the paper work sent out too me. 1 off them is for 13k so my take on it is let them take there time as I am saving the money they would be getting and putting it in my emergency fund. That's over 3 months I have been waiting so I hope they don't have it. I get a letter every now and then saying that they are dealing with my request. Only got 4 years and 9 months till its statue barred lol

Max
  • Gizmo21
    Options
    Wouldn't it be great if the letters they keep sending you saying they "Are dealing with your request" is code for "we are unable to locate it but we'll just keep this hanging over your head". Every morning without a letter from them confirming the debt is a bonus. We've been paying ours for so many years it's lovely to have this little break while they do some work instead of harassing us.
  • Gizmo21
    Options
    So, I've googled a phone number that keeps popping up in my missed calls. Turns out it's Robinson Way. The account is still on hold as they obviously haven't located the document yet. Are they allowed to phone me while I'm waiting for the documents I requested?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes,, but you can ignore them, unless they start a court claim.
  • Gizmo21
    Options
    They can start a court claim even though I put in a CCA request that I'm still waiting for and they've put the account on hold?
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    No Gizmo they can't start a court claim without having the proper paper work I.e the cca.
    What fatbelly was saying is ignore the letters unless they find the correct CCA

Max
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport