Ladybird Fresh Insurance

Options
Thought I'd share this with you in the hope tho save you money which you won't do with this outfit.

Got a quote online at £785 which was competitive so I thought best add my fianc!e to the policy if it's not much more to allow her cover for the odd occasions that she might drive my car. At £175 or thereby I thought that I'd bite the billet at get her covered, best that way.

So I've paid the year that day bus with her at the best part of £1,000. I then receive the email policy which said that my No Claims Discount is not protected which is wrong as with 9 years, I'm clearly not going to search for a quote which doesn't protect it.

Calls Fresh up, gets a pleasant enough person at end of the phone, puts me on hold then come back with that'll be an extra £100. I was livid and felt like cancelling but I just could not be bothered with going through the search again and thought that I'd be sure nexg year to not get caught out like that again.

2 weeks on and I get an email advising that my other half needs to submit licence in correct address. I didn't think anything of this as her licence was registered to her mums so we didn't think anything further.

Gets the new licence in her own address, forward to Ladybird and Fresh who come back with "we wouldn't have insured you if we knew she didn't live with you". As they don't have a fianc!/girlfriend option to select, therefore selected partner as that's better than no relation surely? The fact we don't live together full time yet is a non issue in my eyes and as she has her own car, rarely drives mine.

Anyway, I said that I'd like to cancel (now 4 weeks in) and they offered me £675 back!!! I said no thanks, take the named driver off and refund me the £175 pro rata that I was charged to have her covered and their answer was that they have admin costs so I am due nothing.

Scandalous behaviour on their part and only now having read reviews have I noticed that I'm not alone in having been ripped off by this outfit.

So please beware of Ladybird and Fresh. The £785 I was quoted became £1,100 and now my fianc! isn't covered to drive.

I'm actually hoping that I have a costly bump in the car despite the £400 excess, that'd be karma and would be worth the £400 to see justice served.

Please don't be fooled by the low quotes from cost comparison sites, Ladybird and Fresh will rip you off.

I'm going to the Ombudsnsn with this as my official complaint to the insurer won't get anywhere as the are clearly a cowboy operation.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport