Latepayments

Options
I have recently been turned down for car finance due to bad credit. I have never had bad creditbefore so got a credit score and report. The report indicated 4 late payments with Shop Direct ( very). I hadn't used the account since 2013. After investigating further my partner unwittingly had ordered on my account in error due to automatic log in on the iPad. In addition the late paynents were on the delivery charge not the product as this was on a buy now pay nothing offer. I cleared the entire debt immediatley after finding out. Following a couple of conversations with people in the accounts department they said they would remove 2 of the late payments but appear to have only removed one. How do I go about getting all the late payments removed?

Comments

• Loachy
    Loachy Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    In addition, I asked to speak to a manager however they refused to pass me on...
  • glosoli
    glosoli Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    To be honest I don't think you can. There was an account, and there was missed payments on it, therefore Very have to report that to credit reference agencies.
  • Loachy
    Loachy Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Neither myself or my partner were aware the account had been used as she was paying her account off believing the purchase was made on that.
  • glosoli
    glosoli Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know what others think but that isn't likely to make any difference what so ever I am afraid. The main point still stands, i.e there was late payments on the account, which have been reported to credit reference agencies.

I would be very cautious about telling Very that someone else logged into your account without consent (unintentionally or not) and placed a credit order.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The late payment markers are a factual way of how the account was run (not you fault as you didn't know). You could ask again to get it removed.

Maybe saving up is the way forward.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    my partner unwittingly had ordered on my account in error due to automatic log in on the iPad
    Is this an IT problem that Very ought to rectify, or something you set up for convenience ? If Very have made unintentional logging in too easy, the late payment would be their mistake ; but otherwise its your accident.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure