IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge while making multiple deliveries to flats on a private road

Hi there,

I've recieved a letter from Parking Control Management UK (PCM) for parking in a bay for too long. The maximum time permitted was 20 minutes and I took around 25/30.

I work as a delivery partner for Amazon Logistics and was making a series of deliveries to a new build of flats.

To make these deliveries, I use my own personal car so it doesn't appear that i am a courier. I should also point out there is quite literally no where else to park/load from around the building since it's right next to a train station. Parking on the double yellows by the entrance would have blocked other cars and buses from the adjacent road.

The charge is of £60. I was wondering whether I have a genuine case here?

I've also mistakenly already sent an appeal without first checking out the threads on here. Is it worth me sending another appeal with the IPC format appeal letter?

Thanks!

Comments

• Callumatwal
    Callumatwal Posts: 16 Forumite
    Here's the letter

i.imgur.com/6VpRna6.jpg

Also would just like to add, I saw the guy there taking photos. I went up to him and specifically told him what I was doing. He said yeah just wait in the white bays so I pulled up and parked. At this point I wasn't aware it was a maximum 20 minutes limit. Was in a rush to get the deliveries done.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    contact amazon (your employer) and tell them no further deliveries to that location
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    https://m.imgur.com/6VpRna6

The NtK states 'Parking having exceeded the time limit', yet I can't see any 'period of parking' (from/to) to back that up.

What exactly did you say in your appeal?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I was wondering whether I have a genuine case here?
    Yes you do, and a case from a year ago supports you (Jopson v Homeguard). When PCM start a small claim using Gladstones, who also run the IPC, you will be able to defend this with our help.

DO NOT PAY FOR AN EASY LIFE - NO!

I've also mistakenly already sent an appeal without first checking out the threads on here. Is it worth me sending another appeal with the IPC format appeal letter?
    Nope, makes no difference, PCM do not allow any appeals so leave it as the one you sent.

This is PCM's calibre, one of the lowest knuckle-dragging ex-clamper firms you could hope to be dealing with and not worthy of your money:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02sh3sr

Not good having them infesting any car parks where you deliver. I agree:
    contact amazon (your employer) and tell them no further deliveries to that location
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Callumatwal
    If I go on to the website, they have more pictures of my car with timestamps which show 30mins
  • Callumatwal
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes you do, and a case from a year ago supports you (Jopson v Homeguard). When PCM start a small claim using Gladstones, who also run the IPC, you will be able to defend this with our help.

DO NOT PAY FOR AN EASY LIFE - NO!

Nope, makes no difference, PCM do not allow any appeals so leave it as the one you sent.

This is PCM's calibre, one of the lowest knuckle-dragging ex-clamper firms you could hope to be dealing with and not worthy of your money:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02sh3sr

Not good having them infesting any car parks where you deliver. I agree:

Thanks for this.
    In the appeal I sent, I more or less said what I've put in the OP. Explained that the guy said it would be fine to park there with no mention of the time limit and that I was making several deliveries to the building. Also explained how the other bit of the road was strictly No Loading.

I'll wait and see how that gets on. So the advice here is to sit back and wait?
  • Coupon-mad
    Yes if you've already appealed, ignore the IAS ''offer''!

Complain to the site managing agent (tell them you were delivering to more than one flat) and tell Amazon the location is a no-go area for any delivery driver, due to a predatory ex-clamper infesting it.
  • Got a response from them in the post today.

i.imgur.com/ZMypTkX.jpg

Do I start an appeal through the IAS?
  • Coupon-mad
    Did you even read my post above yours?
  • Whoops my bad! It was late when I wrote that reply.

The annoying thing is, I can't find a number or email anywhere for the landlord of the flats (it's a private set of luxury apartments as it's ready for next to a train station which goes to Paddington/Heathrow)

I think it might be worth going over there physically and asking someone (parking elsewhere this time)

Out of curiosity, why is the IAS route a bad one?

Thanks for everyone's help on here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport