IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

reasurance on where to start with PCN

Options
missspanglyppink
missspanglyppink Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 15 July 2017 at 11:35PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
My issue is that my employer had told me that we could park in the adjacent carpark as the building was owned by the same landlord. I was parked there about an hour (5pm to 6pm) for a meeting.
Last Thursday my boss, a visitor to the business and myself were issued with a ticket. My boss then muttered to me that they were told they could park in the car park until next week or that PCM LTD were going to start their patrol next week.
(I have read your NEWBIES post)

My employer is aware that I am going to appeal this parking charge, and have asked in the first instance that she gives me the contact details of the landlord. I intend to complain to them in the first instance citing lack of communication with regard to when the permitted parking was due to commence. Clearly my boss had the same intention as me...in addition to all of this I had to bring my children to this brief meeting as had no child care, so the whole thing took longer.... (and a major code brown nappy incident in the office :( )

Is this a sensible thing to do in the first instance? There was clear signage and I have seen the 15 photos the attendant took of my car and the surroundings.Sadly I assumed that I was allowed to park there, lesson learnt now...I won't be parking there again!
Is it worth going down the PCM appeals process explaining all of this?
I had a look at the appeals form and it asks for a name and address etc....and I was unsure as whether this would be as good as admitting fault and having your appeal rejected before starting.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it worth going down the PCM appeals process explaining all of this?

No, not in the sense that PCM listen to appeals. They don't.

This is PCM's calibre, one of the lowest knuckle-dragging ex-clamper firms you could hope to be dealing with and not worthy of your money:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02sh3sr

Not good having them infesting next door's car park. You will be sued by them unless you can get the landowner to cancel it. Who told your boss the wrong info? Their fault...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You should edit your post to remove details of who the driver was. The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why isn't your employer that told you it was OK contacting the landowner to get thus cancelled?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure