Cancelled item delivered

Options
Hi

I ordered shoes from a major high street retailer in time for my holidays. The day before I was due to go they hadn't arrived so to ensure they were cancelled and refunded I made my way into town and dealt directly with the store at the expense of my time and train fare. They cancelled the order and refunded my credit card. The refund is there. On returning from holiday I find they delivered the shoes via a neighbour. They have not been charged to my card, yet. I resent having to spend the time and shoe leather to deal with returning them when I already cancelled on top of the time and train fares I already spent cancelling. What are my rights here? In effect, after cancelling and getting a refund, they have delivered something I didn't want. Perhaps I should send them a bill for my time to deal with a return if they want them sent back.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just-so wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered shoes from a major high street retailer in time for my holidays. The day before I was due to go they hadn't arrived so to ensure they were cancelled and refunded I made my way into town and dealt directly with the store at the expense of my time and train fare. They cancelled the order and refunded my credit card. The refund is there. On returning from holiday I find they delivered the shoes via a neighbour. They have not been charged to my card, yet. I resent having to spend the time and shoe leather to deal with returning them when I already cancelled on top of the time and train fares I already spent cancelling. What are my rights here? In effect, after cancelling and getting a refund, they have delivered something I didn't want. Perhaps I should send them a bill for my time to deal with a return if they want them sent back.

Thanks for any input.
    Could it be that the shoes were already on their way to you by the time you cancelled?
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, you can't send them a bill. All you can ask is that they take the goods back at their expense, in a way that is convenient to you.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why not just keep them if you liked them enough to buy them .
    You can still wear them without being on holiday, surely. Or keep them for your next holiday
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • MrJones1
    MrJones1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    If you ask them to take the goods back, they would be more than happy to arrange a return at their own expense. The goods have a value.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you got a printer?
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just call/email/write and tell them to collect the goods from you. If you work it may be more convenient to tell them to collect from ABC plastics ltd, during office hours, between July 17th and Aug 24th or whatever. Then just take them to work and leave them with reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure