Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• Silence101
    Options
    Busy day! I need to start writing monthly goals, as it would probably keep me on the straight and narrow!
    I'm impressed with all the cash back/survey you manage to get!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Silence101 wrote: »
    Busy day! I need to start writing monthly goals, as it would probably keep me on the straight and narrow!
    I'm impressed with all the cash back/survey you manage to get!

Thanks Silence.

I check the survey sites little and often. My little one sometimes just wants to play on his own without interference from Mummy. So I usually take these opportunities to sit on the sofa with the tablet to do surveys. This means I have his nap time (usually about 2 hours) to adult & be productive. Then there's the time I spend with a not quite asleep child in my arms waiting for him to drop off so I can put him down in bed.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on your low spend food festival. Hope you're getting a bit more sleep.

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig wrote: »
    Well done on your low spend food festival. Hope you're getting a bit more sleep.

PP x

Thanks PP.
    sleep is for the weak right? Therefore I am strong....
  • a nsd today. So nearly at my September target.
    Popped to lid! With mum and dad this morning and successfully managed to stop the urge to spend loads of cash on cheap stuff.
    Had a lazy day today, which I needed. Pickle has enjoyed lots of grandparent time, but I'm now shattered as I've slowed down to a stop. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight and feel refreshed tomorrow.

Tomorrow will not be an nsd as I'm hosting the starter for a travelling meal tomorrow night. I need to buy yoghurt to make the mango lassi, popadums and dips. Pickle also needs some gloves for winter which I may also get at the supermarket.

We are travelling home after lunch tomorrow to be back in plenty of time to prep for the guests.

I, like many people here, cannot wait for the end of the month round up and target setting for next month.

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

1) reduce mortgage capital by £445.00✅
    £153.60/£150
    2) cash out £30 on surveys/mystery shopping/cashback etc✅
    £63.67/£30 (Shopm1um: £12.75, Qme3: £5.05 vo; £15 voucher Swagbucks:£5, Pa:£25.87)
    3) 30 lots of decluttering/organising
    10/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September
    9/10
    Night All
    Wish.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    The less said about yesterday the better, it culminated in me getting only 4 hours sleep last night due to pesky teeth in the Pickle. As predicted yesterday wasn't a nsd and I did buy treaty junk food as well as the items I needed, but the total shopping bill was less than £12 so not a disaster.

I've spotted a couple of grocery spends in the joint account that hubby has not told me about previously. Thankfully there is still money in the grocery pot on YNAB so only the mop pot at the end of the week will be affected. I'm resigning my self to the fact I won't hit the £60 mop pot challenge by Saturday as There is only £60 left and I need to do a grocery shop tomorrow and I'm taking Pickle trampolining with his little friends.
    I do think that hitting £150+ is pretty good going though and I've coloured in another square on my house only 90 to go.

Today was a nsd though so I've hit my target there. I'll increase it in October.

Hopefully I'll get more sleep tonight.

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

1) reduce mortgage capital by £445.00✅
    £153.60/£150
    2) cash out £30 on surveys/mystery shopping/cashback etc✅
    £63.67/£30 (Shopm1um: £12.75, Qme3: £5.05 vo; £15 voucher Swagbucks:£5, Pa:£25.87)
    3) 30 lots of decluttering/organising
    10/30 nothing today
    4) 10 nsd in September✅
    10/10

Wish.
  • Silence101
    Options
    Ouch, 4 hours sleep makes a difficult day afterwards! I find it takes me a lot longer to recover from lack of sleep than it used to! You've done quite well with your goals this month!
  • Thanks silence. Yup. Sleep deprivation is not as much fun anymore. Gone are the days of Netflix and a blanket on the sofa to recover from an all nighter.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    September's results look pretty good to me. Bring on October's challenges!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    September's results look pretty good to me. Bring on October's challenges!!

Exactly. Going to go for a super stretch I think. Desperate to bring out mortgage free date forward.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure