IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Notice of proposed allocation

Options
I received the notice today, I used the forum to enter my defence, now I'm getting a little paniced, does this mean there will definitely be a court date n do I have to prepare a witness statement? Advice needed please

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is never inevitable that there will be a hearing, especially if this is CEL. Which PPC?

If and when you have a letter from your local court, that will tell you the date by which to exchange WS and evidence, and sometimes PPCs discontinue at that stage. No hearing is unstoppable/inevitable, you can see this off earlier but do everything required of you, don't be the one to blink!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Von0974
    Von0974 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    OK THANKS, it is CEL, I'm filling in the form and will send court and Cel one too..
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Honestly, I do not expect CEL to turn up or proceed with many hearings. I reckon they are trying to flush out people who will panic and pay. They have history for discontinuing just before a hearing (lots of times, last year) and then this year they've been staying cases for a long time, then only now have they been picking up DQ stage.

I don't believe that means they have changed their stance and fully expect discontinuances later on with all these well-defended cases.
  • Von0974
    Options
    I will do what form states...but I do want to thank all the members on here for their advice with out it I would have be completely lost.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    We are glad so many people trust us, defend their cases and 99% win! It is worth it.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If CEL have form for late discontinuations, is it worth filing for a counter claim for costs, to force them to turn up / automatically lose?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Too late to counter claim now, and costs are not a 'counter-claim' in themselves.

Costs can be claimed by writing a letter to the Judge immediately after discontinuance, so this OP can do that if and when it happens, later.
  • Von0974
    Options
    Not heard anything back from cel? Are they supposed to send a copy of their. D&Q?
  • Von0974
    Options
    The D&Q I sent stated I had to send to court and copy to CEL? So should they send one to me?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    YEs, of course. Ask the court if they got a copy of CELs DQ, and state you have not been served one. Put that in writing to the court
    It goes in as part of how CEL are unreasonable, so you can get more costs under CPR27.14(g)(2).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure