Fuel Broadband stopping Calls Only service - any suggestions?

Options
Like many others, I've received the recent email from Fuel Broadband (formerly Primus etc) saying that their calls only service is stopping at the end of July etc.

My phone line is provided by BT but Fuel Broadband is my designated CPS supplier. I still use an Oyster box to route calls using 18185 etc and, in fact, only my evening local and national calls go via CPS.

Can anyone please advise me on which would be the best replacement CPS supplier?

Also, can anyone tell me what will happen on 1 August if I do nothing? Does BT, by default, automatically become my CPS provider or will my evening calls simply not work...?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 July 2017 at 8:58PM
    Options
    Take a look at BT Home Phone Saver. This has line rental and Unlimited Anytime calls for £21.99 per month. The inclusive allowance covers calls to UK landline numbers starting 01 and 02 and non-geographic numbers starting 03 at any time of the day or night, seven days a week, just as long as each call does not exceed 60 minutes. Calls to UK mobile numbers starting 071-075 and 077-079 are half price at around 8p per minute. Unusually the deal also has inclusive calls to premium rate 0845 and 0870 numbers. It also has 1471, 1571, caller ID, etc, at no extra charge.

You're already paying £18.99 per month for line rental. All the benefits of BT Home Phone Saver cost around £1 per week extra. Using dial-through providers who offer 0845 or 0870 access numbers it is possible to make calls to mobile numbers, to other 084 and 087 numbers with a Service Charge of up to 10p per minute, and to a variety of international destinations including CI and IoM at no extra charge - even cheaper than paying 18185 for these calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure