IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - ignoring appeals

Options
I recieved a letter from Parking Eye with pictures of ny car entering and leaving a private business car park wity times.

I followed their appeals procedure as i was an official visitor. I signed in at Reception and had email confirmation and the times matched. I believed this evidence sufficient to show i was a legitmate visitor.

They emailed to acknowledge my appeal and stated the fee of £60 will be frozen whilst they investigate and not to do anything until they respond.

Then i get a second letter saying pay or they increase the fine to £100. The letter was dated a week earlier than recieved and to pay £60 by the date i would need ro go back in time by 24 hours.

I discovered there is no way to contact a human at parking eye to enquire why they've increased the fine and not frozen it whilst investigating. The automated telephone number is to pay. I sent a further appeal, appealing that it is unjustified to say the fine is frozen and then increase it and ignore my appeal. I put in this appeal that i am ignoring the increase as a mistake as it is not inline with the practice in their email or on their website.

The 28 days is up todat & parking eye have not responded as to whether it has been accepted or rejected so ive no idea what to do next?

Im considering writing a letter stating that as they've not found reason to reject my appeal within 28 days that i shall acknowledge this as an acceptance and that they have dismissed their unfounded claim against me and i shall ignore all future correspondance from them as i understand they automatically send out letters in error like the increase fine mistake. Do you thibk that would work?

I honestly believe i was within my rights to park there. I just want them to leave me alone. I dont gave cash to blow on expenses that i dont owe.

Thankyou. Sorry for poor typing. I am on a mobile.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i was an official visitor. I signed in at Reception and had email confirmation and the times matched.

Go back to the company you visited and ask them what to do. Clearly having visitors paying £100 each time someone comes to see them is not conducive to continuing in business, so they will have a view.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Firstly this is not a fine, it is an invoice.

Never ever phone a private parking company, you are wasting your time, they are not interested, they are only after scamming money.

What happened when you complained to the place you were visiting?

Have you read the newbies thread on this forum?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully the business you visited will get this cancelled

But alongside pressurising them don't take your eye off the boil and miss your opportunity to appeal to popla.

All set out in the newbies FAQ thread

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Then i get a second letter saying pay or they increase the fine to £100. The letter was dated a week earlier than recieved and to pay £60 by the date i would need ro go back in time by 24 hours.

That's a standard reminder, you just ignore that. Stop looking at their deadlines and thinking that £60 is a bargain that needs to be 'frozen' as some sort of opportunity to 'pay less if you lose'.

You won't be paying them!

Complain to the landowner company, as anyone would. First thing to have done.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redfae
    Redfae Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I couldn't have I thought to popla because Parking Eye were acknowledged my appeal but hadn't responded to it so I had to wait for them to reject it (or accept it).

I went back to the company and photographed the private parking tules that prove I was in my rights and spoke to the receptionist. She couldn't be more apologetic and sweet. She said I should have come to her first as she can send a cancellation for the charge to Parking Eye. She also checked and confirmed they had got my car reg when I had signed in & that Parking Eye eye are in the wrong.

There we're a few people in reception at the time and started sharing stories about how a colleague got hounded by them even though they had their reg as approved. Another woman was making sure she had her customers reg recorded so they wouldn't have any trouble with Parking Eye. It was apparent that they mess up a lot.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Until you get confirmation from PE that it's cancelled continue along the POPLA appeal route

And edit your OP - see #4
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport