PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 12 July 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 12 July 2017 at 6:20AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Wednesday 12 July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Dull, dreich, dreary, dark - blustery wind too, wet underfoot although not raining at the moment. Forecast is for sunshine from this morning - we'll see.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, I had smoked haddock, small jacket potato, and a mixture of courgette, aubergine, peppers, onion, broc pan cooked with squidge tom puree, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, balsamic to make a bit of a sauce - absolutely delish and great whilst trying to lose weight. Dinner tonight is chicken in hunters sauce, potatoes and veg.

Work yesterday was busy in parts but it started raining loads in the afternoon so then went very quiet. We'll see what today brings.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit.
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread nmlc, welcome back LW, so nice to see you I hope Mr LW is ok, Hugs to Judi and anyone else in need.
    Off to work in a sec, via DS's to feed the cats.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Good morning and thank you for starting us off nmlc.

Judi, am hoping for good news for you. Welcome back Lame Wolf.

I am off to work in a minute, went to bed at last night and slept until 4,45 so I think that is going to be my new pattern, family rather surprised to see me disappear halfway through the evening but it is either that or give up and retire and that won't go down well.

It is dull but not actually raining (yet) and I had better get my ancient bum in gear.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

We had rain all day yesterday but the garden is pleased with it, I got the all clear at the dentist which is good.

Back to work for me today, the sun has come back out although its very breezy.

Pork chops for dinner tonight and some new potatoes which I might roast and some veg.

Our DW seems to have gone wrong it leaked all over the floor yesterday, OH thought he had fixed it by flushing out the pipes to the outside (the amount of gunk that came out was unbelievable !!) but it was still leaking when we tried it out again, We think its the seals that have gone, so it might be hand washing up for a while until we get the new kitchen fitted.

LW nice to see you posting x

Have good days all xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off nmlc

Yesterday it rained on and off all day but was still quite muggy. This morning it looks like there has been a lot of overnight rain but it does seem to have cleared the air, it feels much fresher this morning. The gardens needed the rain though.

I have to go to the hospital this morning to return the heart recorder after the seven day recording. I am hoping that they will tell me today when the date will have been assessed and I will see the consultant again for the results.

I will get the bus back into town from the hospital and have a quick wander around. I have broken my favourite mug. It is a bone china one and held 500ml, so made a wonderful large mug of tea. I liked it because it was so light compared to the sturdier chunky mugs that I have had in the past. I bought this one from Debenhams but unfortunately they don’t make them anymore, it was about 4 years ago that I bought it though.

I had better go and get organised so that I get out on time.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Nice sunny start here which is most welcome after a day of drizzle yesterday. I actually had a good night's sleep last night with just one pit stop for the loo. Wish every night was like that!

We had a nice day out yesterday, bus to Otley as planned. St Gemma's didn't let me down and I got a couple of good quality items for 99p each. Sadly two books also leaped into my hands despite my good intentions of trying to get my stockpile down. Backtracked to Ilkley for lunch which was very nice as always.

Good to see LAMEWOLF back with us - we've all been worried about you. Hope all goes well with DH. Similarly with the new baby JUDI - she is in the best place and I hope it's nothing to worry about. LONEWHITEWOLF hugs to you too.

Busy-ish day ahead. I have hairdresser at 10.00 and Mr TA is going for a haircut at the same time. Then detour to the surgery to sort out his prescription (grrr!). Next the weekly shop, brought forward from tomorrow as it's the Leeds trip for Mr TA's Oncology appt and that takes up the whole day.

Just as I come up for air we have the two youngest DGDs to juggle between dancing and Rainbows after school. Then bring back for tea and sleepover. Now DB (the sausage connoisseur) has tracked down a new supplier for us, sausage are back on the menu so that's what they have requested for tea! With mash and gravy obviously!

Have a good day folks and (HUGS) to all else in need or want of them. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all.

Broadband seems back to 'normal', normal being a miserly 1.9mbps but it worked. Fingers crossed it stays fixed. My tablet has 17 app updates waiting but I'll be ignoring them until I'm back in Glasgow tomorrow afternoon.

Bright and sunny here, it's such a shame I don't have enough washing for a load. I'm hoping the grass dries enough so I can cut it later this afternoon.

This morning I'm off the next village briefly and the going to collect a 'reward'. I donated to the local museum's funding raising appeal and now have this reward - seems to me that money could have been saved by not offering rewards. I feel as if I've bought this reward (a print of a local scene) which I wouldn't normally have done.

I'm still eating up chicken thighs and salad. My crumbly chocolate cake is pudding, fresh berries and cream over portions of it.

Time to hit the shower, I hope everyone enjoys a happy Wednesday.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone.

We have had steady rain since yesterday afternoon and everything looks much better for it, it's meant to clear up later but the washing in the machine will need to go on the airier for the time being.
    Have a few chores this morning, dog food, fresh veg etc, my big girl seems quite a bit better today so fingers crossed it was just a trapped nerve etc.
    Hugs to Judi and anyone else that needs one, have a good day folks x
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all,

Once again Jackie, a lovely story yesterday. Very idyllic but I too like the busyness of a city.

Step-dads birthday yesterday. He's decided to take up running so I bought him some running clothes at lunch and went to visit after work which he seemed to appreciate. All the immediate family were there (apart from my brother, sis-in-law and new baby, they're still in hospital) and we had pizza followed by birthday cake.

In bed for 10, sleeping by half past.

Football tonight which I'm looking forward to. Nothing but blue skies in Glasgow this morning so I hope that lasts into the evening. There I've probably just jinxed it!

LW - Glad to have you back and hope OH gets the cough cleared up.
    Gers - Who is your broadband with? I'm having trouble in my flat with Origin, shocking speeds and no fibre available.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

Judi sending hugs

Karcher where are you lovely you are missed

Gorgeous day again today glad to see the sun back :)

Hoping to finally get rid of Dads car today. Friend of a friend is coming to pick it up and sell it from his garage space. Could probably have got a couple of hundred more if I had done it myself but I just did not have the heart to do it. Slight fly in the ointment is the battery which is completely flat now ...he is bringing a portable battery charger so keeping my fingers crossed that that will work. Truth is I just want rid of it now.

So before all of that this morning its the infamous Morrisons trip which of course I am very much looking forward too.........;);)

Hope you all have a lovely day
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Speky I got my run in early for that reason. Felt like an autumn morning at 0700. Early morning mist on the Campsies. Beautiful. 5 very painful kilometres after a legs session at the gym yesterday.

Judi fingers crossed for the wee one.

Jackie I think you might have difficulty getting the tree back. Probably a bit large by now:D

Gers Our broadband is dire too. We could pay for Fibre, but reports locally aren't good, and they also tie you in to a contract for 24months which isn't much good if we are moving.

Glad you sorted out the problem with the reports. It sounds thoroughly unprofessional of your colleague.

Are you staying down this way over the weekend? I'm footloose and fancy free from Friday lunchtime if you fancy a coffee.

Have a great day everyone.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills