IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Own Space Ticket

Options
I won a case in April in court against Excel but now have more parking ticket trouble to deal with!

My son got two tickets recently when parking a relative's car overnight in his designated parking space but without displaying the permit he has had since he bought the flat.

He emailed the TSP Car Park Management Ltd to appeal the first ticket in March and heard nothing back. In his appeal he identified himself as the driver. He hasn't appealed the 2nd ticket yet and is still in time to do so.

I'm helping him deal with this matter but I'm a bit confused as to what he should do.

Should he write to appeal the latter ticket to TSP using the IPC template letter or are cases of 'Own Space Tickets' to be treated differently to regular tickets?

Should he simply write to the MA (once he's established what it says re parking on his lease) and ask that they cancel both tickets and also threaten to claim for trespass or should he deal with each ticket separately?

Thanks for your help, as ever.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    'Own Space Tickets' to be treated differently to regular tickets?

Yes. All tickets are based on contracts, the terms within them and more importantly when the contracts were formed.

So if TPS had a contract prior to your son moving in, and there is nothing in the lease/tenancy about parking you can assume TPS to having prior rights. And the opposite could be true.

So knowing what is in lease is of vital importance.

Note from another thread that AM Parking are now running the idea that irrespective of leaseholder rights, the acceptance of a permit is an implied contract between the PPC and the permit holder (a new contract in effect) Some judges may buy that (Chappell & Co Ltd v Nestle Co Ltd [1959] )

So it will all be down to the paperwork which you need to get. Anything verbal has to be on paper too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure