Barclaycard - Payment due 7th July but still no July statement

Options
Johntea
Johntea Posts: 1,194 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've recently started using my Barclaycard credit card for a few small transactions just to keep it active.

When I log on it states 'Current balance £71.75 Payment due 07 Jul 2017' however they have still not provided me with a July statement to pay off!

What is going on? I know I could make a manual payment but previously I would just wait for the statement and pay it in full.

Comments

• TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you have a June statement? I would have thought payment would be due in July for your June statement.
  • Johntea
    Johntea Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah yes, that makes sense now :)
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Johntea wrote: »
    Ah yes, that makes sense now :)

So did you have a June statement? If payment was due on 7th July you are now probably flagged as paying late, which will be noted with the CRAs and probably cause a late payment fee to be triggered. If the reason for that is that you should have been sent a statement in June but weren't then use that to argue for the fee to be reversed and the CRA entry amended.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Barclaycard statements come out on the 13th working day of the month, so in June that would have been the 19th. This statement has to be paid in the early part if the following month. The next statement should be due on 19th July and would be for the outstanding balance plus any purchases since 19th June, and would be payable in early August.

Do you have access to the online system? I don't get statements sent out me but Barclaycard notify me when the statement is issued and I get it online. Maybe you can view yours online too, although as agrinnall says it looks like you are late making the payment.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    Barclaycard statements come out on the 13th working day of the month

That's interesting to note. Wondered why it fluctuated by a day or so each month.

I pay mine by Diect Debit IN FULL each month so that I don't need to worry about missed payments.

Has OP considered DD or is it a case of first statement following set up/change of DD instructions.

I appreciate that DD is not trusted by everyone as I have relatives who choose the tricker cash route.

I too get an email prompting me when statement available for view.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure