PPI claims management company charged wrong fee on an invoice

Options
Hi all, my question is quite simply I have had a claim management company working for me on a loan PPI I had and they have won the case for me :j, but on there invoice they have charged me the wrong fee, I have paid the fee on the invoice but they are saying I owe them more money? anyone know what I can do about this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Check what amount you agreed to pay them in the contract, and pay them that amount in total.

Don't forget the VAT.
  • Mark_Woolley
    Options
    I agreed to pay them 30% plus VAT, but there invoice says I received £2950 but I only got a cheque for £1472 for the PPI, there invoice says I need to pay them £368.16, which I have, I have had no other invoices sent to me correcting this so will I still have to pay more?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to pay them the amount specified in the agreement. An error in the invoice doesn't change that.

The fee will be calculated on the full amount the bank paid - even if some of this was set off against any debt you had with them.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As above - even though you were given 2000 odd pounds, some of that went towards a debt you didn't pay off, so you only received 1000 odd.

However, the claims company don't give a stuff about how much you actually did receive, they'll bill you for the entire refund amount.

This is why we tell people NEVER to use these companies.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 July 2017 at 8:22PM
    Options
    No (as posts above) their fees are based on the total the bank refunded.
    If part of the refund was used to pay your debts, you still owe the CMC their pound of flesh on the full amount.

Another way to look at it is, you've repaid your debt, and after paying the CMC have £1,103.84?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure