IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Wright Hassall/ZZPS, in a tizz!

Options
Hi all,

I received a parking ticket from Elite Management (MIdlands) Ltd on 4 November 2016. The letters went to my previous address as I thought when you changed your driving license over to your new address it would change the car address too.

I instructed Private Parking Appeals to deal with it and paid them a fee of £15. I have received all the usual letters on this forum and noted in the sticky and have followed the advice on here and the appeal company I used which basically was to sit tight and not respond and ultimately they give up.

I had forgotten about the whole thing until my friend mentioned that she recently had a CCJ issued against her for exactly the same reason. She only found out about it when her mortgage application was refused. This has me panicking to be honest as it took me so long to clear up my credit report and a CCJ will be disastrous for me. I can pick up post from my old address but there will be a danger I will forget or it may get thrown away etc. The CCJ my friend was issued was from a different parking firm to Elite so maybe it is different. I have done the search advised in the sticky and it appears Elite have yet to take anyone to court, but there is always that risk that I could be the first?

So the situation at the moment is to sit tight and worry about it or wipe myself out and pay it, neither option are that appealing.

Any advice would be much appreciated and sorry in advance for any breaking of forum rules etc.

Thanks,

Mark.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What did the firm you mention say about this, as advice when you went back to ask?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mazzone10
    Mazzone10 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To keep on ignoring and they eventually give up..

The last letter I had was a few days ago from dbcl whof are bailiffs. Oddly the total has gone down from 220 quid to 160.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    DCBL are not acting as bailiffs when sending out debt demands to people who haven't lost a court claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure