How do you insert multi quotes?

When I click to quote multiple replies, I see no option to add them to my text.
Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.

Comments

• edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 July 2017 at 10:09PM
    TyreLever wrote: »
    When I click to quote multiple replies, I see no option to add them to my text.

Before you start your post click on the orange and pink balloons on the right of the QUOTE button of the post you want to quote from and you will see that it gets a tick. Then move on to the next post you wish to quote from and again click the orange and pink balloons then click quote on that post too. That way you will get both posts quoted in a new post where you can then add your text.

HTH
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    To clarify, once you have selected the multiple posts you wish to quote as described by edwink, you then need to use the 'Post Reply' button found at the top or bottom LHS of a thread to start your reply
    (i.e it doesn't automatically go to reply as it does with the single quote button
    Nor can you use the quick reply form at the bottom of a thread))
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edwink wrote: »
    Before you start your post click on the orange and pink balloons on the right of the QUOTE button of the post you want to quote from and you will see that it gets a tick. Then move on to the next post you wish to quote from and again click the orange and pink balloons then click quote on that post too. That way you will get both posts quoted in a new post where you can then add your text.

HTH
    footyguy wrote: »
    To clarify, once you have selected the multiple posts you wish to quote as described by edwink, you then need to use the 'Post Reply' button found at the top or bottom LHS of a thread to start your reply
    (i.e it doesn't automatically go to reply as it does with the single quote button
    Nor can you use the quick reply form at the bottom of a thread))

Thanks I didn't know that. I always used the "quote" button after ticking the balloons but just tried it and it works both ways.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I've found I can only quote a maximum of three quotes.

Is that right?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport