IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS Parking fines outside my flat

Options
When I first moved in to my flat the car parking scheme was not in operation due to glass falling from balconies onto some cars. At this point it was a free for all and people parked where they pleased. Everyone was happy enough doing this and there have been no occasions on which anyone has been stuck finding a car parking space.

As of a month ago, the car parking scheme has been re-introduced, this happened with virtually no warning, and I was very upset to find a parking ticket of 100 pounds one morning.

I chose to ignore it and continue to park where I pleased, this was what many of the other residents in our flats advised and were doing themselves, however I have now got 5 parking tickets and I'm starting to be wary that I will have to pay them or be taken to court.

Some residents have parking spots included in the tenancy, however I do not (I thought I did as the listing said this when we first moved in). We live in a fairly rough area, and parking on the road outside is better avoided as there have been incidences of car theft on this road. I am having to do this at the moment

I'm not sure what the best course of action is from this point onwards, should I pay my fines and park on the road outside. Or should I continue to park in one of the many free and safe parking bays in our car park and ignore these completely unnecessary parking tickets?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Read up now and see the game you are involved in and how to proceed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport