Left iPhone at home - can i use my iPad?

Options
aj9648
aj9648 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Hi

Just realised I've left home without my iPhone and I switched it off before I went to bed so it's offline....and I'm away for the next few days :mad:

I have my iPad with me which is on a data plan - can I at least view calls when they come through. At least I can ring them back on the work land line.

In the past I've noticed that when someone phones me I can see the call coming on the iPad as well but can't seem to do it at the moment as the iPhone is switched off?

Any work arounds?

Thanks

Comments

• aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If I could get a spare iPhone which work sometimes have spares, can I stick my iPad sim into the phone?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The iPad SIM may have a data plan but may not have a call plan. If that's the case then it probably won't have a phone number so won't be able to receive calls.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 July 2017 at 4:41PM
    Options
    aj9648 wrote: »
    Hi

Just realised I've left home without my iPhone and I switched it off before I went to bed so it's offline....and I'm away for the next few days :mad:

I have my iPad with me which is on a data plan - can I at least view calls when they come through. At least I can ring them back on the work land line.

In the past I've noticed that when someone phones me I can see the call coming on the iPad as well but can't seem to do it at the moment as the iPhone is switched off

Any work arounds?

Thanks

If you setup your ipad to make and receive calls ie handoff or continuty cant remember which one

i use ipad air and previously macbookxs to makeand receive calls as part of o2 iphone mobile network

google for instructions as i forgot step by step by:T insrucions though it works excellent when required i can read and delete messages and make calls and receive from ipad no probs
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just enjoy a few days of peace and quiet.

The world won't end because you forgot your phone.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    When iPhone is switched on it's possible to accept phone calls on Mac/iPod Touch/iPad when 'Calls from iPhone' when you're signed into the same iCloud account and using the same Wi-Fi network.

It's possible to receive calls when iPhone is powered off but that seems to be limited to select U.S carriers at the moment.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • gerbox23
    gerbox23 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Umm,,, the world won't end over you forgetting your phone. I recommend you don't use your iPad.I recommend you don't use a phone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure