IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cavendish Street Retail Park

Don't know if this is 100% correct...just double checking. But just received this message via FB

Due to their over agressive parking policy Excel parking will no longer be overseeing the car park from the end of this month. The retail park will be using another company to control parking compliance. The new company will provide 2 hours free parking to all visitors to the retail park. This will be a maximum limit with no option to extend but we feel the 2 hours is sufficient time for customers to visit the gym and adjacent shops. I hope the new parking arrangements within the park will encourage customers from Silsden and other areas to return to shopping in Keighley. Jason Schofield. Sports Direct.
cm62

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The retail park will be using another company with an equally over aggressive parking policy to control parking compliance.
    Once they've got their feet under the table! :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • claretmad62
    claretmad62 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    You may well be right Umkomaas , question is.....what will this mean to all the outstanding PCN's that are due in court or slowly making their way toward it. How can they defend their position off the back of this...if true ?
    cm62
  • Umkomaas
    You may well be right Umkomaas , question is.....what will this mean to all the outstanding PCN's that are due in court or slowly making their way toward it. How can they defend their position off the back of this...if true ?

Most of them won't be defended, so it won't come into play. Others will be blissfully unaware, the savvy ones will and might make reference to it, but the loss of the contract won't negate any case they have. As usual, Judge Bingo will decide.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• alanjuk
    alanjuk Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I stopped of in Eden Square in Urmston last week and it appears that they have got rid of parkingeye but replaced them with Horizon,details here
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    This just means motorists will be pursued and harassed by a different blood sucking PPC for slightly different 'contraventions' than they were before...

Go over your time and you'll still be hit with an outrageous £100 charge reduced to a, still unfair and disproportionate £60 if paid within 14 days.

The all dance to the same tune. The unfair invoices will just have a different name at the top.

If Sports Direct really wanted to apply a fair and honest parking system at CRP then they would install a barrier - pay on exit system.

But we all know PPCs pay tens of thousands to landowners to allow them to ticket, intimidate and abuse their poor, unaware customers.

Don't be fooled by SDs fake attempt at magnanimity... It's not a case of "Excel were too aggressive" I'm sure it IS a case of "the contract was up and Excel weren't offering us as much as the new guys too bully our customers"
  • claretmad62
    First Anniversary
    Don't disagree with your sentiments Lamilad and I will be glad when my 2nd one is over and done with. I can't find anymore info on the statement someone sent me..so it may not be correct anyway.
    cm62
  • Umkomaas
    Isn't Sports Direct Mike Ashley's outfit? I wonder if he's on a rake-off? Once a wheeler-dealer, always a wheeler-dealer. Birds of a feather .....

• claretmad62
    First Anniversary
    Well, all the Excel signs gone now. G24 Ltd now the new baddies, anyone know anything about this lot ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fggz9pit2uuu0bx/New%20signage%20Cav%20St%20Keighley.jpg?dl=0
    cm62
  • Umkomaas
    Just a different snout in the trough, although G24, so far, are not litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

• Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well, all the Excel signs gone now. G24 Ltd now the new baddies, anyone know anything about this lot ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fggz9pit2uuu0bx/New%20signage%20Cav%20St%20Keighley.jpg?dl=0

I think the "must remain on site" term is particularly interesting. There could be a million reasons why a genuine, honest shopper might have to temporarily leave the site. The fact there are no cash machines at CRP is one...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atr3j10plm7wl3r/IMG-20170722-WA0000.jpg?dl=0

The shops are still going to get a load of abusive complaints from customers who've spent money with them but have received a PCN for nipping to the ATM first.

One way round it - go in the back of ToyLand and out the front.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure