PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 3rd July 2017

Options

Comments

• katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Another one worried about LW.

Also thinking of ATB.

made a start on flying- DW emptied and re loaded.

Been to PO and s bugs so having lunch then wizz round with vac and tidy bathroom. Sun trying to come out -hope it does it makes me feel so much better.

Hugs
    katiecat x
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ATB (((hugs))). Feel free to vent on here. That is what we are here for.

Pigpen Duckydoogreat ideas. I have let the daily thread know as well as there has been concern there too.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    NEWS NEWS!!

I have news! LameWolf is alive and well, not exactly howling at the moon, but definitely still with us.

The message to Mensa did the trick, and very promptly too. I've had an email from LW this morning to say that RL has been catching up, and DHs back is playing up so she's been doing more than usual. So inevitably at the end of the day tiredness takes over rather than posting on here.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:j Yay for Duckydo

Thank you. A great relief.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news about LW and love to her if she is reading.
    Hugs also for ATB and as people have said, we are here for you to rant at.

Haven't flown a lot in house for a day or so apart from essentials. Had my steroid injection yesterday which was much more painful than the last one, as expected as this was in hospital not GP. Very painful today but I drove carefully to uni for a tutor's meeting.
    Put a load of washing on this am.
    Progressing with last report from uni 'training' the voice-activated software to spare my shoulder (although I'm typing this now).
    Bit of lunch next then flying in the garden picking fruit which is about all the arm activity I can do for a day or so.
    Off to Brighton tomorrow for a conference on Friday, making a bit of a trip so have garden/wildlife/seaside activities en route.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Plans all went to pot today. I had counselling this morning and instead of firefighting issues, we looked at some of the deeper stuff and I ended up crying my eyes out. Miss my Mum so much and feel so so sad that my little girl will never get to see her Granny, and Mum will never have the opportunity to be the Granny she so wanted to be. That left me feeling down and raw for the rest of the day.

I've managed to iron 2 items, and clean the bathroom and that's it. Hoping a good nights sleep and a new day will help me to feel better.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brilliant news about Lamewolf.

(((Hugs))) Duckydo.

will catch up later x
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah that's good news :beer:

Counselling can be very tiring ducky xxx

Bathrooms put back to rights, dinner made and cleaned up after. DD still not eating protein :o so we've sat with some paper and the iPad, looked up protein sources and checked how much she needs to eat and worked out how we can meet it. I think she'll end up vegetarian before she's a teenager...

Also washed my bedding that I pulled off last night, emptied the junk basket to find most of it was mine :eek: and cleaned the fridge.

Also cleaned a rather surprised little piggy's rear end :eek: he was not impressed but is now much fresher and we had a little chat about personal hygiene :rotfl: honestly my girl piggy never gets in the mess he does...

Kiddies have transition day tomorrow...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not flown much. I have decided to let the crud build up as I'm off work for a few weeks soon ;)

(not really - but I AM only skimming the surface)

ATB sound ominous - hope you're coping.

Is HoneyBear ok?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 July 2017 at 9:17PM
    Options
    (((Hugs))) and spoons to atb. Feel free to offload here any time: we will listen and support you as much as we possibly can.

Sorry you've had a bad day too, Ducky. Roll on tomorrow.

Very glad to hear that LW is OK. Thanks to Ducky and pigpen for what you've done.

:bdaycake:
    Happy birthday dancemum - hope you've had some nice treats x

Flying today has consisted of a tiny bit of clearing up after the plumber (just the plastic ties from the box that the new shower door came in) and putting the world to rights with some new friends from my placement church - one couple out of only a very few that I want to keep in touch with.

ETA: Honey Bear has been posting on FB, so I don't think there's any cause for concern.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure