microsd

Options
dipsomaniac
dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 18 June 2017 at 1:14PM in Techie Stuff
when i try to write a image to a micro sid card using windiskimager it splits the sdcard into drive d and drive e but e is not accessable via windows. this has only just started happening. i have wrote off 1 sdcard and now just tried a new sandisk and the same thing happened. when i tried to format using sdformatter i get a error and see these files on sdcard

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lom1b9qogmzxng/sdcard.JPG?dl=0

any ideas as i am baffled and can't afford to keep burning sdcards
"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson

Comments

• S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What image are you trying to write to the SD card?
    Have you tried writing a different image on BOTH SD cards?
    It might be a problem with the image rather than the SD cards

Try this SD card writer instead:
    https://etcher.io/
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • aerostar
    aerostar Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Options
    The second drive is probably formatted as a linux partition, windows cannot normally read/write to it after the image has been put on it..

Your first drive is formatted as FAT or FAT 32 which windows can see and write/read.

Sounds like you are putting an image for Raspberry PI or similar on to the card.

What image are you trying to put on ?

To clean the card download MiniTool Partition Wizard Free

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

You can remove the partitions and reformat the card - be carefull that you choose the correct drive
  • rsvtoddy
    rsvtoddy Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you just want to reformat an SD card to its original size and aren't bothered about losing what's on the card - stick it in a digital camera (if you have one!) and reformat it in the camera.
  • dipsomaniac
    Options
    Thanks for replies. Am trying to copy libreelec. Have never had a problem before
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • aerostar
    aerostar Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Options
    From the looks of it the second partition will be Linux - so you will not be able to access it with windows - The libreelec SD card is for the Raspberry Pi and does not run under windows.

Full info is here

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It will write whatever the disk image contains. If the image contained 20 partitions then that is what it will create.

Raspberry pi or other device? Its normal.

To reformat, delete the partitions first.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• dipsomaniac
    Options
    It will write whatever the disk image contains. If the image contained 20 partitions then that is what it will create.

Raspberry pi or other device? Its normal.

To reformat, delete the partitions first.

thanks what is the best way to delete the partition? i couldn't get partitionwizard to work. keep crashing in win10
  • dipsomaniac
    edited 20 June 2017 at 8:32AM
    Options
    be careful if installing easeus. just got the chromium virus/malware after installing it from link. i unchecked any additional software so don't know how i still got infected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure