Making my wallpaper fit my phone screen?

Options
I've just got a used smartphone - a LG Optimus Hub E510.

I tried setting a photo as the wallpaper, but it was huge, and I could only see a little bit of it.

I Googled the specs for the phone, and adjusted the image size to make it the same as the screen size (320 x 480 pixels), but the image is still far too big for the screen :huh:

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Remember in Android you'll have multiple home screens and what it does is make the wallpaper big enough to cover all the home screens. That phone appears to run Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 with the option of an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich aka Android 4. Therefore setting a wallpaper of 320x480 will be too small for all the home screens.

That being said, not all photos and pictures are suitable for wallpaper because they need either a section chopped out to fit the screen or for the picture file itself to be shrunk a bit (on a desktop computer for example and saved to the phone as a new file) so the cropped out bit can serve as your wallpaper.
  • emptybox
    emptybox Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    For most android phones the rule of thumb is to use a wallpaper that's double the smallest side.
    So for your phone try a picture of 640 x 480 resolution.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure