IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fine at hospital

Options
Sorry for starting a new thread however I had a parking ticket whilst at work. I was advised by parking attendants that I could park there with a note in the windscreen. This was fine for over a month but now ive been charged.

I stupidly contacted them with an email explaining this and they rejected my appeal and are requesting I go through theias.org. I began to fill it in but I had a bad feeling about them so I didn't continue however I did enter my personal details and that I was driving. But when it came to the terms and conditions I had a bad feeling and chose not to continue. I'm glad now having read about IAS and im not sure how they are really getting away with it.

I have has a bit of back and forth with islandgroup who issued the charge as they rejected but didn't address anything I told them. They then apologised and said they have no control over tickets and it is hospital security who are responsible. I then went to hospital security and they swear blind it is islandgroup. So currently they haven't answered me when I asked them what the point of appealing is if they are declining it anyway without looking.

Does anyone know how I can best proceed? I'm wishing I found the newbie page I was on first as it would have helped so much.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport