IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appeal logged - no reply

Good morning all,

I have only just found this forum after already appealing a ticket from Indigo.
I appealed on 1st June for a fine issued on 26-5-17. The ticket said the vehicle was not fully parked in the bay. My husband (who received the ticket) didn't look at it until he got home so we had no evidence of how he was parked.

I appealed the ticket and requested their evidence of incorrect parking. This was done online and I kept a copy of each page. Indigo then emailed me to say the appeal had been received and they would keep me informed over the next 14 days. To date I have heard nothing, and there is no update on the appeal website.

My question is: what do I do now? Just keep quiet? Or check with them what is happening? At the moment, if it is justified, I would only need to pay the lower amount of £60 but soon that will go up to £100.

I feel that they have breached their own terms by not responding but don't want to be caught out.

Your views are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Was this at a railway station car park? It's an important distinction, because railway byelaws apply.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,031 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You are dealing with an unregulated scammers industry, they lie, they twist, they flout their own rules all to extract the maximum amount of easy cash.

The reduced amount is actually a con to get you to pay up without a fuss.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I feel that they have breached their own terms by not responding but don't want to be caught out.
    Not relevant I'm afraid.

They have 35 days to respond with either a cancellation or a rejection of your appeal but with the provision of a POPLA code you can win your appeal, especially if the diver was not identified in your initial appeal.

Can you post up your initial appeal to check if you've blown any toes off, and then we can advise accordingly. But note, it's not fatal to your case, still eminently winnable
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Samc7825
    Samc7825 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Definitely shot myself (or my husband!) in the foot! Admitted to being the driver! Oh well, it is what it is! I can only try.
    If the appeal is unsuccessful and I go through POPLA, is the date still on hold for the lower rate of fine?

Reason for Appeal:
    A valid authorisation to park the vehicle had been issued †
    Any Other Details:
    Appeal is for Breach Code 07. Appeal reasons above do not accommodate this reason code.
    Car was parked within marked bay, have not received any evidence from yourselves that this is not the case. Please provide evidence.
    Do you have any evidence?:
    Yes
    Evidence 1:
    View document CC statement.pdf CC statement.pdf
  • Samc7825
    Samc7825 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes it was a station car park
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If the appeal is unsuccessful and I go through POPLA, is the date still on hold for the lower rate of fine?
    First appeals are almost always rejected. With Indigo, POPLA appeals are almost always upheld in the motorist's favour.

Don't even think about paying this - no matter what their 'offer' is.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,601 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Easy to win at POPLA.

Search for 'Indigo owner POPLA' and ''show posts'' in your forum search (NEVER 'show threads'). All won before.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure