IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking - Court action

Options
FLora
FLora Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 15 June 2017 at 2:22PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I am new to this Forum so apologies if it takes me a while to use it in the right way!! I am so angry with the situation I find myself in and want to be part of any group that tries to expose these guys. Surely, these private parking companies should be regulated by the Government!!

I have read previous threads regarding private parking invoices and have followed the advice given. However, I am now at the stage where its likely to be heard by the small claims court which is not a process I have been through before so would appreciate any advice. A little bit of history:-

- my car was parked on private land, a ticket purchased for all day parking (no adhesive on ticket) and the ticket was placed on the dashboard.
- when the driver returned to the car at the end of the day a parking fine was on the windscreen and when the car door was opened the ticket was between the driver's seat and door. There is no knowledge of how the ticket became dislodged. According to the weather forecast there were high winds on that day and this car park is situated in an exposed area. Apart from that, there is no knowledge of how this has occurred.
- As a ticket had been purchased, we didn't think it would be a problem, would just send a copy of the ticket to them which proved it had been paid for and the car registration was printed on the ticket so no problem!!
- This was not the case and as the owner of the vehicle, I have been bombarded with letters ever since from their solicitors because they say that I am in breach by not displaying the ticket and now the matter has been taken to the small claims court. They have stated that they "intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers without the need for an oral hearing". I can see from previous threads that this is a standard letter.
- We have replied stating that we are going reject this option and prefer to attend in person . How can anyone be held responsible for a freak incident. I have also asked for the name of the landowner as we intend to write to them also to express my disgust with all this.
To add insult to injury, we have also found out that the appeal service used at the start (IAS) and the solicitors are the same guys!! Surely this is a conflict of interest!
Being a professional person myself, I am amazed that there are people out there who show no realism or professionalism and are only out to rip people off of their hard earned money.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum has a whole section on dealing with a court claim as well as links to other sources of information

If you have not revealed who was driving in your contacts with them you need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 June 2017 at 4:08PM
    Options
    if you have an MCOL from Northampton it needs acknowledging and defending , so read post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

this one is similar

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5663615

and yes we all agree its time the government did something about it , same as they should have done something more about fire safety in tower blocks !!!

its all words, no action
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely, these private parking companies should be [STRIKE]regulated by the Government!![/STRIKE] banned, the worst 'rape and pillager' offenders locked up, and someone should throw away the key.

Corrected that for you. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It has been rumoured that parking weasels rock cars until tickets have been dislodged. I am sure you can find some proof if you search hard enough.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure